Sexual Health Community
Porn addiction and shift of lifestyle causing Erectile Dysfunction (21 ...

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Porn addiction and shift of lifestyle causing Erectile Dysfunction (21 yrs old) PLEASE READ! GIVE AND GET ADVICE!

Ok so I never thought I would be facing this problem, but I have a BIG problem: Twice last week I went out to the bar and BOTH times I brought a different girl home that was DTF (down to ****). This is impressive, yes, because it rarely happens to me.

And yet, sadly, I have not gotten laid in a year. I'M IN COLLEGE FOR CHRISTS SAKE!

Both times I was unable to obtain an erection. (And about 3/5 times before that last year as well) SO EMBARRASSING!!!!!!

I have been extremely depressed the past few days but now I am trying to take a more proactive approach with this. I have been researching and I have kind of boiled down my problem to several potential causes:

1) Pornography - the first and most likely foremost cause of my ED. After thinking about it, I have been constantly watching porn since I was 14 (I'm 21 now) without regard as to the consequences it might cause. I realize that throughout the years I have sort of built up an "immunity" to arousing myself unless it's a very specific genre (which is not necessary to mention). And recently, I have had zero libido. Believe me, I have WANTED to get laid. PORNOGRAPHY AND MASTURBATION DEPENDENCY HAS RUINED MY SEX LIFE!!!! :(

2) Smoking cigarettes - recently (about the last 5-6 months) I have picked up a nasty smoking habit. It started with finals last year. Then it moved to every time I drank. Then it moved to whenever I had coffee (which I also indulge in often). Then it moved to all the time.... about half a pack a day. I'm addicted to cigarettes. And nicotine can wreck one's sex drive. THIS HAS HELPED RUIN MY SEX LIFE!

3) Alcohol - simply put, I'm afraid I'm in the early stages of alcoholism. Since I got to college, I don't think I've gone more than 3 days at a time without drinking. And when I drink, I always try to at least catch a buzz. But naturally, I have built up quite a tolerance. And sometimes (once a week) I'll end up getting smashed with my buddies. I have never thought it was a problem..... until now.

4) Exercise - or lack there of! I used to be in PHENOMENAL athletic shape in high school. And, really, even up until about a year ago in college. However especially recently (past 3 months) I have not worked out AT ALL. I think it just has to do with the overall downward spiral my life has taken recently. But I do know that when I was in high school (playing football, wrestling, and track) I would have crazy sex with my girlfriend (you know the kind where you come in like 5 min but keep an erection and go for another 45 min). I now realize that in high school I watched much less porn, very rarely drank, NEVER smoked, and had constant exercise in sports.

5) General laziness - I have been sleeping irregularly, missing more classes, doing less homework, studying less, and playing more videogames/ watching more TV IN ADDITION to the vices I listed above. I think I'm depressed, and I plan to seek help if my self remedies do not help (don't worry I'm not having any "dark thoughts" or anything like that). :)

These are my problems. And I think they are all centered around my (lack of) a sex life. I hope that if I can correct these issues, the sex life will follow suit. For God's sake, I'm 21! I should NOT be having trouble getting an erection when a BEAUTIFUL girl is literally BEGGING for it in my own bed.

These problems have made me question every aspect of my life (such as what if I never get married because the sex isn't good enough).

However for now, I'm immediately turning over a new leaf. No more porn, masturbating, smoking, drinking, and being lazy.

I hope this helps someone.

PLEASE GIVE ME ANY ADVICE YOU HAVE (especially if you have been though this).
Well,

Firstly,  I would not advise you to stop masturbating because you think it is bad for you.  It is absolutely not harmful to you, and I doubt it that it will be causing your erectile dysfunction.

Excercise and a healthy diet will approve your circulation.  I would try finding a partner.  Enjoy sexual activities with them instead on concentrating on a particular genre of porn.  I think whats happened is that youve gotten used to masturbating and it is actually now boring you.

My advice - Find a partner and enjoy a full and rich sex life, and cut down on the pornography to keep your interest going.  Abstaining from masturbation will not stop erectile dysfunction.

Hope this helps

Masturbation can't cause ED, but porn use can.

If you are under 40, and not on specific medications and don't have a serious medical condition, the causes of your copulatory ED are almost certainly anxiety or porn—or a combination of the two. Here's a simple comparison test to check for porn-induced ED:
1. Masturbate to your favorite porn.
2. Try to masturbate using no porn and no fantasy - only sensations. Masturbate with same speed and pressure as you would during intercourse.

Compare one and two. How erect was your penis? How long did it take you to reach orgasm? What was your level of excitement? A healthy young man should have no trouble attaining a full erection and masturbating to orgasm without porn or fantasy.
1. If you have a strong erection on #1, but problems on #2, then you have porn-induced ED.
2. If #2 is strong and solid, but you have trouble with a real partner, then you have anxiety induced ED
3. If you have problems during both 1 & 2, you may have severe porn-induced ED, or an organic problem. When in doubt, see a good urologist.

The following 2 links are to Medhelp threads on porn-induced ED. Read the stories. If you want to know more locate my first 2 posts on the link #1

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Mens-Health/22-with-porn-inducederectiledysfunction/show/469209?page=1

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Mens-Health/Too-much-porn-masturbationcause-ED/show/183203

On  GOOGLE VIDEO find  “Erectile Dysfunction And Porn” - watch the video series.

Here’s a Psychology Today article on it
Porn-Induced Sexual Dysfunction Is A Growing Problem
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/cupids-poisoned-arrow/201107/porn-induced-sexual-dysfunction-is-growing-problem
-----------------------------------------------------
RESEARCH FROM ITALY

SCIENTISTS: TOO MUCH INTERNET PORN MAY CAUSE IMPOTENCE (2011)
It may not make you go blind, but Italian scientists have identified a worrying side-effect of watching too much pornography.
Researchers said Thursday that young men who indulge in "excessive consumption" of Internet porn gradually become immune to explicit images, the ANSA news agency reported.
Over time, this can lead to a loss of libido, impotence and a notion of sex that is totally divorced from real-life relations.
"It starts with lower reactions to porn sites, then there is a general drop in libido and in the end it becomes impossible to get an erection," said Carlo Foresta, head of the Italian Society of Andrology and Sexual Medicine (SIAM).
His team drew their conclusions from a survey of 28,000 Italian men which revealed that many became hooked on porn as early as 14, exhibiting symptoms of so-called "sexual anorexia" by the time they reached their mid-twenties.
There was some good news, however, as the condition was not necessarily permanent. "With proper assistance recovery is possible within a few months," Foresta said.
Anyway, even if you were with a partner, chances are you'd lose interest in her (sexually) after a short time and you'll probably start looking for another one for excitement. That's why couples cheat.
I know how u feel about not being able to maintain an erection because I'm still rebooting myself but Stop watching porn & stop masturbating due to the fact that it can still cause u to think of erotic scenes or porn images which will mess up ur reboot

Don't think about ur erection, Do things healthy like take a jog and as time past by then u should see a difference
im so small in the willy size all i can do is masturbate and i do it at least 10 times a day,i can allways get an erection even thow its only 2 inches