Sexual Health Community
Post-Surgery body woe

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Post-Surgery body woe

Last Tuesday I underwent a cystectomy on my right ovary.  Previous to the surgery, I was told by the ER doctor's (two weeks prior to surgery) that I had a UTI, which they treated, though I was feeling none of the symptoms.  My boyfriend is visiting from out of town and we tried having sex last night. Afterwards, I went to clean myself up and noticed pink, cottage-cheese like discharge on my legs and around my vagina.  My urine has been a bit cloudy lately and there is a slight itching and burning sensation.  Is this a yeast infection, combined with another symptom from the surgery?  Also, can men contract yeast infections in any way from intercourse?
It's really too soon for you to be having sex. Most Drs will recommend waiting 6 weeks after any kind of surgery like this because you're still healing inside.
It does sound like a yeast infection. If you were treated with antibiotics for the UTI that could have caused the yeast infection. It also sounds like your UTI was not completely cleared up, or you have another on. It's best to get in to see your Dr to be tested for both.