Sexual Health Community
Premature Ejaculation and Zoloft Tablets

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Dear Expert

After My consultation with a Urologist about a P.E. problem I have, he prescribed Zoloft tablets. I understand that they might be good in terms of helping Me with My P.E. problem however I'm concerned about My sex drive. Is this a good prescription???  Apparently these tablets are antidepressents. Another problem is that My patner is not keen on trying out this prescription with Me, the idea of using any type of pill for sex does not sit well with her, What should I do to convince her?? Please help coz I really Love her and don't want to loose her

Warmest Regards
Sertraline (Zoloft) has such side effects as erectile disfunction, decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm.
What the urologist did is when you are on Zoloft, your sex drive will decrease. This will cause you not to ejaculate as soon as you might have off the medication. It is very complicated, but I understand what your doctor is trying to do. It is very rare to treat PE like this, but I can understand it.
Tell her that you are trying it out. If it doesn't work, then don't use it. There are other techniques that you can try to help you maintain an erection.
If you need more ideas, feel free to send me a message.
Curleygirl7 is correct the medicine is an anti-anxiety med but one side effect is prolonged ejaculation.  I know from experience.  I have taken Zoloft for many years for anxiety.  As long as I stay at 50 mg per day all is good (not much effect on my sex drive, ejac, etc.)  If I up it to 100 mg which I have tried in the past during stressful times I can have sex literally as long as I want to and sometimes not get to the point of ejac. I even made the comment to a doc one time that if he had anyone with premature problems Zoloft is the cure.  Other than that I have no other side effects from the med.  So try it.  It may take some dosage adjusting but I think the worst that could happen is you'll be happier and have sex longer.  Pretty cool huh?