Recurring chlamydia
I was diagnosed with chlamydia on April 1st. I was checked for everything possible at doctors office and chlamydia was the only positive. I was treated as well as my partner was treated with 1000g of azithromycin within 24 hours of each other. Our symptoms regressed and soon dissolved.  I went back for a follow up 2 weeks after treatment and received a negative result. My partner did not receive a follow up, but was treated the same time I was. We had sex the weekend after I was cleared from my follow up. But, 2 weeks after sexual intercourse, my partner complained of symptoms and then I began to have symptoms again. We were both treated today but this time I was treated with another 1000g of azithromycin and he was treated with doxycycline 2 time a day for a week. ....What are the chances that my partner did not respond to the aithromycin1000g at his orginal treatment? Would he have to be reinfected in order to contact chlamydia again? Thank you
I guess it's possible that if he didn't take all of his antibiotics properly he could have had an infection that came back.  But unfortunately, I think cheating is a more likely explanation.  You can ask the doctor at the STD clinic what the chances actually are, since they should have a better idea than I do.  

Why aren't you using condoms?  They're really effective against chlamydia and most other STDs.  If you're allergic to the latex ones, they make latex free ones.
I agree with the above poster. If your boyfriend did not finish his meds the infection may have not have cleared up. I also agree that it's a really good idea to be using condoms. One of you gave this STD to the other one. You did'nt say if it was you or your boyfriend. Either way, you both did get it and now you're having to go through a second treatment.
We both took one dose 1000g of azithromycin so there would be no way to "mess up the dosage" he took his at the doctors office and I took mine at the pharmacy. I just wasn't sure if it was common for an antibiotic to not cure all the way in one person and completely cure the other
I understand now. It was only one dose and you both took it at the same time. I wish I could say for sure that the meds would definably clear this up. It is a very common treatment. You said you were clear after a two week checkup but your boyfriend did not go to have his checkup. Do you know if it was him that gave it to you the first time? I don't know anything about your boyfriend and I'm not trying to make you doubt him but I have to wonder if he may have gotten it again from someone else. If I were you though I would call the Dr to ask the question you asked us. Can one person be cured but not the other? Until both of you test clear again, and your boyfriend does need to have that follow up, use condoms so you're not passing it back and forth to each other.  
Yes we both have scheduled follow ups this time. The reason he did go for a follow up last time is because his doctor told him it wasn't necessary. I just can't go through this  again and want to be cured soon! Thanks for helpful comments :)
*he did Not go for a follow up
I do not know who gave to whom. But he had symptoms then I started having symptoms. We don't use condoms because he's the only person I've been with for a year and I am also on birth control. I don't think a couple should go through their whole relationship wearing condoms to protect themselves from being infected with chlamydia, you might as well not have sex with them at all.
Well, some things don't show symptoms in guys, and if he didn't get tested regularly (and they don't test for everything when you go in--you need to ask what they're actually checking for), he could give something to you.  And sadly, partners aren't always faithful (and even one stupid decision could get you infected with something).  Dealing with potential cheating is a personal thing, but it's something to think about.  And since I'm not perfect with the pill, even though I'm pretty good about it, I like to have two methods of pregnancy prevention, apart from the STD risk.  It's also easier cleanup.
Men will most always have symptoms before women. So, if he was having symptoms first it was most likely him that gave it to you. I understand why you don't want to use condoms if you're in a relationship and you're also on the pill. But, if you had been using condoms you would most likely not have gotten an STD. You have'nt been with anyone else but your boyfriend in a year. He would surely be having symptoms way before April 1st, when you were tested. All we're saying is that you need to protect your health. It's your choice of course if you want to use condoms or not. I do hope that this next course of antibiotics takes care of everything for both of you.