Red penis after sex.
A few weeks ago I woke up and noticed red patches on my penis shaft at the top just below the head and also on the head itself, which went away after a few hours. Since then I've been having trouble with itching in my pubic hair and scrotum and sometimes my anus.
The redness appears to only come back after sexual contact - masturbation and worst of all after sex.
A nurse recently gave me a product called Dermol to use in the shower for the itch and it's working well however the redness is still present after sex.
During this time I've also noticed dry skin on my scrotum near my thigh and also dry skin on my foreskin after masturbation.
All in all, these things have been going on for around 3 weeks.
Could this just be dry irritated skin?
After searching the internet I've decided it looks a lot like balanitis. Would that add up? I also read on some websites that herpes can cause this. I had a full sti screening and am now negative for everything however the full screening in the uk doesn't include herpes. I'm a bit confused. Does it sound like a normal cause of balanitis?
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.