Safe removal of hair from reproductive regions

I need to know the safest method to remove the hairs around the reproductive regions (penis/vagina) without affecting the skin. The use of any trimming machine or razor scares me of hurting the delicate skin. Does the use of hair removal cream is safe ? I mean in terms of whether does it have any side effects or reactions ?
A woman can give the female version, but you can use a manual double-edge shaver with shaving cream during a shower around your sex organs, as long as you go slow and are careful, using a light touch with first few times.
Hair removal cream is safe but it does have some side effects like redness in the area where you put the cream, may sting a little, and u might have a allergic reation to it. but you can still try the hair removale cream.
Try a brazilian wax kit /w help.
I shave my penis and surrounding area and have done so about 2 years now. What I have found is my wife did the initial shave with a woman's Venus Breeze razor and plenty of dry skin formula woman's Skintimate shave gel. I got a clean shave that left skin really soft afterward, so I have continued using the same products myself. First couple of times I did have razor bumps afterward which my wife used some bikini zone after shave gel. After a few shaves though bumps never came back. I shave at least once a week and it works great. I was told never to use men's shave gels or razors, but stay with ones for the ladies since they contain moisturizers.