Self Harming ....
My friend that goes to my friend is self harming herself. She is really wierd and she and her family have gone through loads of problems. I did self harm long ago but i am fine now. I dont know what to do. she is a boarder so we have no contoll of what she does after lights out!!! My housemistress knows about it but she doesnt know that she has continued cutting her forearm. She has scares already from before but keeps picking at the new scabs making them deeper and deeper. My other friends tried to talk to her but she just got upset and stormed off and i know how she felt :( but now its getting out of hand cause if i tell my housemitress she will just say dont do i again but my friend will carry on and she wont trust me !!! which cant happen cause i'm the only one left who she can trust :/ What do i do? how can i convince her it is really not a good thing to do without upsetting her ?? HELP ASAP !!!!!!!
Have you shared your stories with her? Have you let her know your there 100%? I ask this because it seems that she still feels alone, It would be the right thing to do by telling the house mistress but truth? i wouldn't. You two could go for a walk, you could open and she could, she'd feel like she has you and would probably not do anything to hurt you. Be there for her. However, if it gets bad report her no matter the outcome. She needs help and only if you get it for her will she attain it.
we went for a walk but it didnt help . she told me what i already knew !
A few weeks ago we talked and i did tell her about my experience but it did not change her mind :/ i cant tell my housemistress because she wont trust me... but i cant leave her to keep hurting herself ?? any suggestions ....