Sexual Health Community
Self Invitro Fertilization

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Self Invitro Fertilization

Okay, I'm a lesbian and my wife and I want to have a baby. We don't want to go to a sperm bank, instead we want to use a friend for the donor. The thing is we don't want sexual intercourse. Is there any possible way we can use his sperm and place it inside of her before the semen dies?
Hi danny, One word of warning dont, there has been a big case in the papers resently, were a lesbian couple used a gay fried as the donor, she now wants maitance from dating to when the child was born, so just warning you I would not do it, just go to the bank and get a tuirkey baster, that way you keep your friends for life and not just as a donor.
Good Luck
He's not gay though. We don't want him in the baby's life or anything and he's the donor for a specific reason. When we tried the bank, we could find the right person.
*couldnt
I think the point this person is trying to make is that you may not WANT to use a sperm bank for many reasons but it may legally be in your best interests. But the advice you most likely want is whether or not it is even possible to avoid both the doctors visit and the "straight" sex.
Now I am no doctor but common sense tells me yes, if sperm were collected and then within a VERY short time period placed up into the vagina it would most likely stand just as much chance at conception as anyone having plain, boring heterosexual unprotected sex. But I would think you would be looking for the method which would get the best results the fastest and that honestly would involve medical professionals (sorry). Your friend could still be "the one". I would try to get something in writing though so everyone agrees from the get go on things like medical expenses, financial obligations, visitations, etc. Good friends are hard to find and in my opinion contracts protect friendships because it leaves no room for hurt feelings or misunderstandings to get in the way of what is essentially a business transaction.