Sexual Health Community
Semen Allergy?

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Semen Allergy?

(I wasn't sure where to post this?)

My doctor and I have suspected that I have a semen allergy, but have decided against testing until the point in which I decide I want to get pregnant.  Til then, I either avoid contact with semen, or deal with the painful problems afterward.

Normally after sexual contact, if without a condom, I have to immediately run to the bathroom and clean the area with water.  I tend to get bright red in the area and swell badly.  It hurts if the area is touched (wiping) or to urinate.  This happens in less than 5 minutes from contact.  
Last night I had contact with semen, and had the normal reaction, but only minorly since he pulled out some and the semen was mostly on the outer lips.  However, today when I checked down there, there are 3 bumps in the same area that almost look like mosquito bites.  I have never had this before.  Is this possibly a hive or something? Does this mean the allergy is getting worse?
Is there anything else it could be? (My fiance and I were virgins when we met and to my knowledge have never been with another person).  I have had this problem for years with my partner, and I do get tested for STDs yearly.
Thanks for any help
I don't know why you wouldn't get tested now for the allergy.  At least it would be ruled in or out.  It might even be possible to do something about it.
I agree with Annie. You should get that test. At least you know it for sure. There might be medicines to help lessen the symptoms. But, to answer your question;
I don't think it is an STD, because it's fast. Don't know that for sure though. It might be that you had some irritation there. This would create an opening in the skin which would make your body's reaction more severe than usual. Are you sure you have never had this before?

Good luck on this!
From my research and from what I learned from my doctor there really isn't much to make it better. There is an invasive procedure that can make the reaction less, but is also not guaranteed in any way.  Because of this, my doctor advised it is best to try to avoid contact with semen, which sometimes just doesn't happen.  She advised that when I wished to try to get pregnant (not any time soon), then we can test and look into the invasive treatment, but until then it would be a waste because avoidance is still the best option.  Also, an individual can grow out of the allergy, so even if I was tested now and tested positive, I may not still be allergic when I intend to get pregnant.  

I do not believe I have had the bumps before.  Once in a blue moon I will have an ingrown hair, but I have never had bumps develop right after contact, appear in multiples, or disappear in one day.  

(Ps. I am a pre-med student, so I am not completely clueless about what is going on)
:)
Oh, and additionally: my gynecologist tested me for all sorts of infections and things because she said that if a woman was an infection down there then after sex it can become irritated.  Also, she checked everything out and said everything seems normal, so this is why she thinks it is an allergic reaction (especially because of the symptoms).  
I suggested testing now rather than later because what if is is NOT an allergy to the semen?  You would certainly want to figure out what it is.  Though the assumption you are both making could be correct, but it is not scientific to simply assume an answer.  Semen allergy is pretty rare.  I would want to know for sure, so you can try some basic things (not just invasive procedures, but simpler things, like dietary changes and antihistamines and stuff that are not on the fancy charts) if that is what it is, and keep searching for an answer if that is not what it is.