Sexual Health Community
Shaving shaft of penis

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Shaving shaft of penis

I have a considerable amount of 1 to 2 inch hairs along the shaft of my penis, and when I have sex with my girlfriend for longer than about 20 minutes or multiple times in a day the skin at the base of the hairs become irritated as the hairs are pulled back and forth during sex.  I know that the pain is not a result of any STD because I have been checked and everything is negative.  I have also tried shaving the area, but am worried that if I do this too much, my hair grows very quickly, that the continence of the skin on my shaft will change or more hairs will start to grow.  Shaving is also sometimes painful, and I have cut myself before with electric and manual razors, not to mention razor burn.  Does anyone know any kind of method that I could use to remove these hairs without causing damage to my skin or increased growth in the amount of hair on my shaft?   Thanks for any help!  
The only real way to rid hair down there is to shave.  There isn't really a way to stop hair growth to my knowledge.
i have been shaving my shaft and balls for years and enjoy the clean feel. in the beginning it took some getting use to. i shave in the shower daily or every 2 days. i use a tripple razor and soap or shaving gell. in the hot months i usually shave the entire area. you will enjoy the feel of a clean shave.
I cut myself every now and then, any reccommendations on brands, or electric trimmers that are safer, also does shaving the shaft lead to more hairs growing or ingrown hairs?
I have  the same problem with thick hair at the base of the shaft.  I prefer to shave the entire area including the scrotal sac.  I bought the pro-cut 28 dollars it has only one razor head and the dial numbers are on the handle which you can choose how much you wanna trim.  I always oil the blades before I shave.  I love the clean bare feeling and it  provides.  I use the same stip tic that I use on my face if I  nic myself.  It is electrical so I don't use it in the shower.  Try it, shave when your not in a hurry.  Many of my male friends shave and changed to the pro-cut.  It is well worth  the investment. I have been shaving since puberty. It also makes getting a condom off more comfortable.  I will be 50, so thats 40 years.  In the begining some friends c/o of the pricklyness.  That is why its just part of my routine and you have to keep up with it.  It also has decreased the sweating. You can write me ***@****

One thing I have tried for the penis getting chaffed for multiple sex times a day is a leather penis ring, I also have a lot of extra skin.  Make sure to get the one with multiple snaps that make it adjustable and you will be able to pull the skin behind it and adjust to your comfort.  I bought mine at an adult book store.  Don't be ashamed just go in and look around.  This will also help on the penis not being as hard the second or third time.  It will make it harder.  My friend worked at an adult store and they have  heard it all, so ask.  If you have never looked inside the store it was a little overwhelming at the choices.  You also can get some lube that may help.  You can also play around with condoms that also will hold the skin back.  Some things I have tried and learned being a nurse. Enjoy!
my husband has this issue and he uses nair--it works better than shaving just follow the directions and dont leave it on too long