Sexual Health Community
Side effects of chronic masterbation(masturbation)

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

I've always been of the mind that masterbation (masturbation) is safe and healthy as long as a significant other is not being neglected because of it. However I'm currently writing an article, and would like to make sure I'm not steering readers wrong. Litteraly hours of surfing the net has not yielded any long term side effects of chronic masterbation (masturbation), aside from chaffing of the skin, which of course is not long term and would only occur with very vigorous or very chronic masterbation (masturbation).

Please get back to me with any information on the effects of chronic masterbation (masturbation), what would be a normal range for how many times an average male masterbates, what would be the effects of masterbating (masturbating) a great deal more or less, if any.

I apologize if you have answered this before, I did look at several threads on different aspects of masterbation (masturbation), but nothing that answered this question directly.

Thank you,
as far as i know its safe and a fairly good way to stay absitent. if someone masturbates heavily such as every day then when actual sex represents itself ive heard of times when the male cannot achieve an orgasm because of the difference in stimulation. but thats only in severe cases. and id say average is twice a week? ish i guess
I love masterbation (masturbation) its absloutley  good as you can really  ave a gud orgasem and it will bring out ur sexuallity.
And  you here sum peolpe sayin eww i wud never do that  or ur so abnormal well you dnt no what happenin behind close doors they cud be doin masterbation (masturbation) as well!
Well its nuthink 2 tell peolpe about as its a normal thing and if u here peeps sayin no its not a normal thing say wel how do u no!!
Look do masterbation (masturbation) its good u will love it!!
Does excessive masterbation (masturbation) can do anything wrong to any particular part of the body such as heart stroke, body pain, joint pain etc
Yes, I believe there can be severe psychological issues that arise from excessive masterbation (masturbation). I have found (after several years of considering why I felt very tired, depressed and overall uninterested in everything I did or used to) that the periods when I felt normal were after several days of either abstinence from masterbation (masturbation) (not abstinence from regular sex), or only masterbating (masturbating) once every other day. It appears to me that without the actually exercise of having sex, and not exercising daily otherwise, masterbation (masturbation) for men can be psychologically harmful. I am guessing the act of sex for men goes hand in hand with strenuous activity. I definitely recommend that before you tell men that excessive masterbation (masturbation) is fine, you include that they should be fit and healthy and should actually have sex regularly or exercise regularly.
I'm  a 44 year old male that has had this problem all my life, I'm a loner and live to masturbate. I surf the web and hit porno sites then i masturbate to these images . then a hot wave runs through my mind and I mentally focus on the female basically becoming the woman in my mind then I usually hit a few gay rooms and act out the fantasy   This is so bs I am not attracted to guys but when this happens i loose control like i am being possessed any suggestions
Where in the bible does it say that masturbation is wrong?

To the OP -

You can look at things like having a heart attack or stroke because you are so excited or been so physical but that's unlikely.

You can cause chafing if you are too rough with yourself!  As well as maybe scratching yourself.
Hi, i've been masterbating (masturbating) a lot in the early days.i'm 27 now and the problem i've been facing for the last four or five years is that whenever i'm thinking of having sex or intimating a very thin and slimy liquid starts leaking from my penis and its not jst once it always there and it really makes me worried. Its not the main ejaculation but jst an oily stuff.
I've seen doctors couple of times but they said its normal like lubrication sort of stuff but i feel in myself  that there may be something wrong.
Regards,
Mr S
what about its effect on girl or women ? do it hv any bad effect on them or nothing i wish anyone who knows about this subject would tell.
This isn't made up to spark up 'whoas' or anything so keep that in mind. I have been an extreme chronic masterbator for about 5 years now. I usually masterbate twice a day, sometimes even three(and sometimes 4-6 but that's rare). I have skipped maybe 8 days in total in the total span of the last 5 years. Whats my situation? Im 17 and started when I was 12. I'm a virgin so I'm scared sex won't stimulate me. I know I should just stop but it kills times and is an addictive habit. I'm a guy. I'm aware of the perverted implications this thread may carry but I'm here for suggestions, not mockery. Thanks.
I believe if you take so much time to masterbate that it interferes with your daily life and you can't function in a "normal" way, than it is a problem.  I think perhaps can lead to some sort of sexual addiction.  Try seeking a therapist.
I love to masterbate. It's not how often I bate, but that I edge (masterbating (masturbating) for long periods of time, getting closer to ejaculation , slow down and continue). I can and do often, edge for hours, a lot of times 3 to 6 or more hours. That is what edging is if you haven't heard of it. My problem is: several weeks ago after edging 4-6 hours a day for several days...I noticed a large swollen area on off the left side just below the glans (glands). I saw my DR. and he said it was probably a rash. But I think it's from so much edging because the swollen area is where I don't grip my penis. Any ideas, suggestions, other causes, etc?
Having steak is far better than hamburgers. But if there is no steak available then hey! lets have a hamburger.
Masterbation (masturbation) is ok when youre single because it gives you release from the sexual tensions that build up. Especially males. I can't honestly see anything wrong with it as long as it is kept private.
Boys naturally are curious about their penises and it is very important to them that every thing is in working order. When reaching puberty the hormones are racing and boys need to be told that it is not a dirty thing. When I was young I was brought up to beleive that only dirty people have sex, so naturally I always felt extremely guilty after having a wank. Because it was so enjoyable however I could not stop. It did act as a tremendous relief from stress.
I must add that in marriage too much wanking does exhaust oneself and it does affect ones appetite for sex. I try not wank unless I am really in need of it otherwise I find I'm not in the mood so often to have sex with my wife. If you snack before a good meal then you spoil your appetite, if you know what I mean.
as far as the amount of times a person masturbate is no concern but a person who masturbates frequintly eventually get used to the feeling of his own hand and in some cases when a female touches him it has no effectr and the only thing that will bring him to an orgasm is his own hand.hope that helped you
There have been lots of nights before my marraige when i used to spend 3-4 hours masterbating (masturbating). Most of the time experienced severe pains in testicles, penis, perineum and increased frequency to urinate for about 2-3 hours after the act. I tried hard to ejaculate even if i didnt use to achieve enough stiffness most of the times. I never thought it could lead to big problem after marraige, as I very rarely get hard enough to have intercourse and even when i do causes a lot of pain and exhaustion. Never mastarbated after my marraige in last 3.5 months, still i don't think i can save it from falling apart.
Can masterbation (masturbation) really make you go blind? I so how does it make you go blind?
I have been a heavy masterbator  for two years now. I find myself addicted to it. When I first started masterbating (masturbating) it was the best feeling in the world, now I feel it has created health problems. Recently I have had resperitory problems, poor eyesight, and loss of muscle mass. Is there anything I can do to return back to normal?
I have been masterbating (masturbating) since iam in class eight ,now i have completed my MBA and working for a very good organization in decent position.But every time i maserbate i dint feel any pain in my legs or having body pain ,iam relaxed, and iam able to double my concentration on the work.I'll masterbate for 4 to 6 times a day.But iam quite comfortable both physically and psychologically.Now iam going to be married what all my worry is , will it lead to any fertility problems.
am so so sorry bat every day i used 2 mesterbate en by dis tym i hav asmall penis ov 4 inces.is dis being coused ov mesterbation or any other problem en i wish 2 kow weather mesterbation has any side side effect coserning wiz de siz3e on de manz penis,
I would say that a normal man masterbates once a day or once every other day.  I have friend who is a chronic masterbater and he masterbates almost three times a day.  I have had sexual relations with him and didn't know he did this until I broke up with him.  He was terrible at getting an erection and couldn't keep it for long and then I would end up finishing him off with a hand job.  Plus his testicles and penis didn't look normal.  
I don't want to pick a fight with anyone but the apparent lack of ability of most people in this forum to spell correctly is bringing  the reputation of MedHelp down.
REPLY
by Sugar82, Sep 03, 2009 12:55PM
To: SOMEONE WHO CAN REALLY HELP
Hi, i've been masterbating (masturbating) (masturbating) a lot in the early days.i'm 27 now and the problem i've been facing for the last four or five years is that whenever i'm thinking of having sex or intimating a very thin and slimy liquid starts leaking from my penis and its not jst once it always there and it really makes me worried. Its not the main ejaculation but jst an oily stuff.

Dont worry. Your doc is totally right. The thin transparent fluid that u see when stimulated is for lubrication and is natural. It is called pre-*** in slang. Both females and males show secretion of mucoid fluid slimy to touch for proper lubrication for the act of sex.
thanks to all of the comments on this site, i have a question............. is there any possibility of loosing size from masturbating??

second question is this........... is their any silicon implants available for enlargement....... if anyone know a site or some institute for silicon implant for p**** plz do recommend
To start this off I would like to say that I masturbate also. After researching the effects on the body of masturbation I have concluded that it can be serious if you do it almost everyday 1-5 times a day with ejaculation. To be honest, I have not experienced too many side effects that I have read about. Masturbation to pornography/ hentai can lead you to be reliant on it and may cause an addiction. Masturbation is healthy if you do it once in a while and it is recommended especially for teen because it helps you control your urge for sex and your hormones. Be aware of the side effects of doing it often as all good things can have bad consequences. Such consequences are:
1. Shrinkage of the base or all of the penis.
2. Premature ejaculation.
3. Fatigue/ Lower back pain.
4. Thinning hair/ Hair loss.
5. Soft/ Weak erection.
6. Eye floaters or fuzzy vision.
7. Groin/ Testicular pain.
8. Pain or cramp in the pelvic cavity or/ and tail bone.
The only side effects I have experienced as I recall are numbers 3, maybe 4, 5, maybe 6, and I think 7 so far. Masturbation is nothing to be afraid of. Like I said before it is natural and both men and women masturbate. The average amount of times you should be masturbating is 1-4 times a week (In my opinion). If masturbation becomes an addiction I recommend seeing a doctor (Although they don't help much) and a therapist/ psychologist. The first step to stopping is to resist. If you ever get the urge to masturbate and your trying to stop then try looking up something disgusting or hang out with a group of people/ friends. Stay away from pornography/ hentai and any other sexual or/ and suggestive pictures, videos, etc. If you are a religious person you may consider prayer. Although some religions say masturbation is a sin, I do not see how it is as it is something natural that has been done for ages. I hope I was able to answer some questions and help the people out that are like me or almost like me. Most of the information seen here is from research on the web and experience. I am not a doctor.
Well I think I masterbate about once or twice a day and have been masterbating (masturbating) for nearly 2 years now. I suffer from greasy hair and it keeps getting worse and I am on the edge of washing it daily. Doctors say that greasy hair can be caused by ''hormones''. Does anyone know if this includes masterbation (masturbation)? Thanks.
I am a 20 year old male that masterbates at least 30 times a day. I work a 8 hour shift and sometimes have trouble finding time to whack my sack. I sometimes beat it up to 4 or 5 times a hour. The trouble is, its really starting to hurt inside and out. My penis it self hurts and when I ejaculate it hurts inside. Any ideas????
OKAY LETS GET SERIOUS AND REALISTIC HERE

ill say this just once NOTHING IN EXCESE (OVER A GOOD AMOUNT) IS GOOD FOR YOU TO MUCH OF ANYTHING IS BAD.

EXAMPLE TOO MUCH MILK IS POISON. its the vitamin D in huge amounts and i mean huge amounts is bad.
Or water it can kill you if you drink to much. IT s a **** load.

But on the other end if you masterbate once a day.

Over a long period of time here are some of the effects and how to solve them
1.lower sperm count  -- your shooting it all out faster then your body can make it
1.b take a week break and youll be in good shape

2.A you can damage the it   ----- if you do it hard egough and often eghough you can create scar tissue inside the penis cause it to bend in a direction
2.B Only doctors can fix this but according to doctor oz its a simple percidgere

3. lower sensation  -- After a while your penis need you to work it harder this can cause problem 2 and will hurt any real sex life. you may last longer but you will want it to be rougher and you may not be able to orgassam even with vaginal sex and have to mastebate which will make your mate feel unsuccesful
3.B like 1 taking time off solves this but it takes more time  a month and you should be back to normal
3.C a way to prevent this is to use lube that way you dont work so hard

On top of those small body problems it can cause some serious mental problems

4. it has been known to cause depression because of a endorfine thats realesed when you ***. your body become use to it and you stop create some much of other endorfines and soon you will only spike and fall,
4.B Just a take a week off and youll feel better

5.addiction  -- it may be kinda a joke to a drug addiction but its still bad. The moment you CAN'T go a day without doing it or atleast 12 hours you have a problem. If a one thing consumes your life it's no longer good for you..
5.B the first few days of you stopping you will have the whole depression thing kick in. Once you've got past a week you usual will feel fine if not be strong and keep off for 2 weeks

6. Masterbation (masturbation) is the easist way to curruption and mind control. ------

that may sound strange but your body is in a state of pleasure and that saying dont confuse pain for pleasure stands strong here. find a show you dont like or a style of porn look at something that causes you to become arousaled and then look at the thing you dont like and keep working it. After a while you will have mixed pain and pleasure it works good for fears to. but this can be bad because it weakens your morals

6.B You cant fix this once something is in your mind you cant get it out.

these are pretty much it that i know of.

Masterbation (masturbation) is not bad for you its good it can help relax you and cant get STD's from yourself

Last just be clean about it. I try to avoid it if im sick or atleast clean right away because lets admit that some of you do it in your sheets and then leave it -__-' Clean it up damn u.

I dont know if it can make you sick since its diffrent cells and isnt a std? hmmm well i hope this helps

ALSO side note woman are diffrent but some of the effects are the same from what ive read just a little diffrent          
I go to a site that is a support group for people who have a masterbation (masturbation)/pornography addiction or are a spouse or girlfriend of an porn addict.  I go there because my husbands porn use was distroying our relationship.  That's all he wanted to do.  He's started working towards having a full life with a REAL relationship instead of a fantasy one now.  I decided to say something on this thread because people are not talking about this problem enough.  And it is a problem.  If you're interested, the website is called through the flame.  I didn't want to post a link, in case  it was against medhelp's rules.  None the less, I hope they have no problem with me informing others about it.  
Hello i am 15 yrs of age and i have a problem with...well whenever im bored ill just masterbate all the time like tiring amounts either im realy busy and i dont have time to do it and ill have a no mb day or ill have nothing but time on my hands and do nothing all day but masterbate especially when i dont have a girl freind around to do the do with but it just kina scares me how much i do it and im not joking its atleast on an advrage bored day like around 12 times a day and thats 1 day and i started thinking about mnths and years of this happening and im wondering if anyone has info on how to contol this because i dont want to get some kind of sexual problem with getting up or just ejaculating.
I am a 49 yo male, married for almost 30 years.  I've been jerking off several times a week for my whole adult life,  with and without my understanding wife's knowledge, plus our mutual sexual pleasures.  Also, I did it at least once a day thru my puberty, once I masturbated half a dozen times in one day.  I've seen no negative effects, other than irritating my penis on a few rare occasions.  You have to be sensible about it, use some lubricant like KY or other similar products.   I must say that it's been quite enjoyable, to be completely honest I'm not planning to stop anytime soon.    Good luck.
hello, i hav a very strange problem,,, after doing sex wid my girlfriend i feel very good and no weakness.. but after doing masturbate i feel lots of weakness..i fell pain in my leg an foot palm...why is it so..whts diffrence..?
I'm 59 and have been masturbating regulary since I first knew I could.  I try to masturbate daily if time permits.  I love to watch porn and edge for an hour or longer.  I almost always ejaculate at the end of my session.  I have noticed no side effects.  I'm retiring soon and plna to spend more time in glorious masturbation.
That's wonderful.  Masturbation tends to dull life and personality.  Here are some helpful hints that help me quit, twice (i will explain what led me back).

I have a similar story as many chronic masturbaters..  I been masturbating since puberty, once a day, sometimes more, it seemed impossible to break this thing that had been holding on to me for years, and extreme addiction..  

THEN.. in the last two years, i quit twice.  To quit masturbating, i told my self the greatest, positive, thing about quitting.  I thought of the (one of many) most positive reason to quit masturbating.  And every time i got the 'urge', i brought up the positive thing in my mind, over and over until i felt it under control.  This was needed for the first three weeks, your body is breaking this addiction, it urges the feeling that it 'needs 'masturbation', but it DOESN'T!

After 3-4 weeks, one has masturbation about beat, the 'urge' is gone.  If you happen to browse porn, it is now meaningless to you, erection is impossible (unless you force it up). You now find yourself to enjoy life so much better, everything's brighter, your personality is sharper, more unique, more ambitious, more energetic, that porn is now considered "stupid", you will say to yourself, why do i need to masturbate?, my hand massaging my thing?!, it's pointless, i will just wait to find my 'g/f, my significant other, wife, soul mate, etc', whichever one is waiting for..  

But i warn what to watch for, a problem i faced the first time i quit masturbating, which led me back to the ugly addiction.

Sever disappointed..  Whether it may be your girlfriend breaking up with you, a family member dying, a pet dying, being robbed..  Any major 'disappointed', will seek comfort..  In saying this, your body will fill the need of 'comforting'..  Whatever you do to mourn, don't 'force' yourself back into masturbation..  By 'force', i mean, you have defeated masturbation, you no longer get an erection by watching porn, you therefore have to physically get yourself 'excited' by playing with your noodle, then in turn, it remembers the feeling, becomes aroused, and then will spark the 'addiction'.  Beware of this, be wise, find another way to mourn, you have defeated masturbation, don't let disappointed lead you to further, deeper disappointment!  

I wish everyone the best in quitting masturbation, you CAN DO IT!!! :)
Hi i am 14... i masterbate 1-2 times a day. sometimes i will feel pain in the tip on my penis and it will hurt to pee. i have experienced most of the things you guys have put on here like, not being able to be satisfied with real life things (school,games,friends,girlfriend) and yet my body still wants me to jack off i know i have a problem but i dont know how to stop it i think i may be hurting myself and im only 14 i need some help here.
Im a girl about 17-18 yr-old. I started masterbating (masturbating) when I was 16. That when Im bored, lonely and seek for instant pleasure. Sometimes after i masterbated, I feel sorry to God that I did that sexual immorality as my opinion. But still I did it. I try to quit it but still i doing it at least 2 times a day. Is there any side effects in mental health like insanity when masterbating (masturbating) frequently?
Masturbation is natural. Our belief systems which make us feeling guilty for our natural behaviour are at the root of the psychological problems (depression, guilt, anxiety, confused feelings, ...) often mentioned after masturbation.
The so called mental side effects of masturbation are not side effects of masturbation but they are side effects of our anti-sexual belief systems. The combination of our belief systems and masturbation can certainly lead to serious psychological issues. But I wouldn´t blame masturbation for that, I´d blame the false beliefs related to it.
Look people. Masturbation=REALLY GREAT FEELING First time i masturbated in the shower i was like wow did i just do what i always protested and said to never do? I laughed and did it again about a hour or so after god never felt anything like it. Haha its great i've been doing it like 2 or 3 times a day and have been for like a hour or so and NOT a single problem since =P Also the only pain i've gotten is a little burn from Excessive masturbation and it went away like a day or so later =P haha Plus If you want to do it with your girlfriend Girls find masturbation a turn on. or so i've read haha. If you fear masturbation do it one time and you will love it forever until you have sex. And maybe after taht 2!!!!!
WHY ARE YOU ONLY ADDRESSING MEN WITH THIS ISSUE? WOMAN CAN AND DO OVER MASTERBATE, I FOR ONE HAVE GONE OVER 6 HRS WITH MYSELF ON MANY OCCASIONS!
So what your saying is... ... If I quit janking my monkey, my hair will grow back? it's not officially all gone but... getting there... hmmmmmmm....
So I have an issue with masterbation (masturbation) and doing it all the time. I am 28 and am a very healthy male. I can do it some times for hours. However a few days ago, I masterbated for about 8 hours, and then another 4 hours a few hours later, leaving my **** so soar and raw that it hurts to walk. I did however notice something more. Littel blister's everywhere which I believe came from the skin wearing down to nothing and forming a soar, not to be confussed with herpes, which I do not ever have sex, so I don't see how that can happen. Is this normal or has anyone or you heard of this happening? I called my doctor and he would like me to come in but before I send the cash I wanted to make sure. Broke College student and all, not easy to explain to parents and financial aid where the money is going to. Thanks a bundle man
I am 22 years old and I've been Masturbating Since I was 14. At first I didn’t know its side effects but now I realized it is very harmful to human body. The side effects of Masturbation to my body are:

1. Difficulty in achieving orgasm in real sex time
2. Feel not satisfied even with sex with a woman until I end up in masturbating or asking my partner for a hand job
3. It is difficult to focus on my studies and other activities
4. I always feel pain in my lower back
5. I have Pain in the calves’ bones while I am running.
6. Sometimes I feel very depressed and I don’t like any thing or anyone.
7. Since I started Masturbation I haven’t grown up I mean my height stuck in 170cm.

I've stopped it now but I thing it is too late and I am still Suffering from these side effects and I need Help. How can I get red of these Side effects and return to be a normal Man. please don’t spare sharing Information with me.
I strongly recommend you all to stop this ******* habit or if you haven’t experienced it don’t do it! Please.
masturbation ***** i have been masturbating since i was 17 now i am 27 , i have lost my hair, penis Dshaped and restless in my life .How ever i do sex with gf twice a month and i don know i use to make love 6 times and even seven times in one go .My gf loves me coz am a strong ****** !!!!!!! comments plz
frankly speaking , masterbation (masturbation) has no ill effects. the ill effects are in your mind. masterbation (masturbation) would obviously cause fatigue momentarily n u wont be able to concentrate for sometime, 1/2 hr or so...as would be caused by any physical work or exercise.
here is A TRUE short story which is a solution to all your queries.....
A robber slipped from a window into a very famous icecream parlour at night. while he was fidgeting,he suddenly heard some one at the door. In bewilderment he got into one of the refrigerator.
The owner came in, locked the refrigerators(which he had forgot to) and closed the shop again. The robber died. The owner told the police that he keeps the refrigerator off at night and it was the same during that night. The postmortem revealed that the robber had died of cold!!!...
Was the owner lieng  ..???.i don think he had reasons to...
the robber died because he thought it was cold...in fear and anxiety he forced his mind to think that he'l freeze to death...and his thoughts being very strong did the job.... so guys masturbation will cause cancer or even a heart attack if u strongly feel so....thnk u
Hello,I just wanted to give you some tips on how to stop this habit,masturbation that is.

1. Keep your self busy at all times.
2. Try to be always around people.
3. Go to the gym, exercise everyday.
4. Try stay away from greasy food and sweets,reduce the amount of chicken and meat that you eat.
5. If you go to school and you see your self at home for long hours then get a part time job.
6.Try your best to get your body tired so when you lay down in your bed you will sleep right away and would not think about it.
7.Have someone put a porn blocker program on your computer and not to give you the password of course specially when buying a new computer.
8.Try to find a partner and be in a relationship.

Many people aren't able to fight it even though they know it's a bad thing.
Let me explain something ............

Some may not believe or accept what I say but everyone has an opinion!
The Human body...
Soul,Mind,and your inner self.  
It's your inner self that is causing you to do things that are irrational !
Example: Everyone knows clearly in their mind that alcohol is bad and has great side effects on the body yet people still drink what is making them drink ? your brain knows it's a bad thing to do but you still do it and thats because your inner self has taken control over your mind.
Am masturbating since i was 14. I usually masturbate 4 or 5 times a day or even more. Now am 33 years old, Suddenly i lost erection. Now when i masturbate it ejaculate with a very soft erection. Mostly  i suffer with a  premature ejaculation. I lost my male strength. This is all because of excess masturbation. Please do not masturbate more then 3 times in a week. Masturbate with a very soft grip, Eat healthy food, Do exercise daily & avoid pornography  
I am almost fifty, mixed raced and hyperactive.

I have been masturbating since I was twelve. I have NEVER stopped. I have had many relationships before I married. I had sex on average once or twice - everyday. Sometimes up to 4 times...and would still masturbate inbetween.

Although I am married, I can still masturbate up to 6 times a day (in case your wondering about the 'time factor' I work freelance from home - perhaps here lies the problem) and still have great sex with my partner.

BUT - looking at the side effects mentioned here - I suffer from several of them. Hair-loss, fuzzy vision, eye floaters and SERIOUS BACK PAIN! And, if that wasn't enough - I have recently been diagnosed as BIPOLAR II. So, conclusion:

I F**KED MYSELF UP...but, man - I had a good time!
Yes, excessive masturbation has terrible psychological effect on men, literally depriving you of all your interests. So i would suggest to keep away from excessive masturbation.
I have a 33 yr old boyfriend that masterbates at least 1 to 2 times a day, but when it comes to sex he does not last long like he use to a couple months back. Is the masterbating (masturbating) everyday affecting his stamina?  
Excessive Masturbation can become highly addictive. Masturbation addiction is a type of Sex Addiction. Types of sex addiction are the worst addictions in the world, even compared to drug addictions. Men who suffer from it, also suffer from, extreme guilt since they have no control. They feel so ashamed that they cannot stop, and masturbation becomes the most hated thing in their life, but frequently more, the only thing they can invest their time in. People also experience depression and anxiety, low self esteem and other psychological issues entwined, sometimes hallucinations. It becomes a more addictive "high" than crack or cocaine.
Masturbation addiction also sometimes leads a person to gaining sexual fetishes and habits they despise even more, some things they can get into trouble with the law for, some things that are immoral, these can lead to paraphilias, which are basically abnormal fetishes with a psychological label - it means they will not be able to get off on anything else other than that one typical fetish.
It can lead to severe injuries. The psychological part can lead to people feeling suicidal, murderous, out of control, and become psychotic.  
It can also lead to psychological "black outs" where a person loses grip on reality, goes into a sexual trance, and ends up masturbating for hours on end without knowing what they are doing, and this can be highly dangerous for their physical and mental health.
It effects relationships horribly, the person will end up not feeling turned on by normal sex sometimes. It can lead the penis to, becoming limp, extreme premature ejaculation, *** slipping out, despite myth, REALLY excessive masturbation does NOT up your endurance or make your **** stronger. It does the complete opposite (you can't use it too much). It can be repaired through a period of abstinence.

It is by far one of the worst addictions to recover from.
Masturbation is not recommended for people recovering from Sex Addictions, who need to be abstinent completely. If the person is stable enough to masturbate with control and balance, they can, but if a person does it excessively they have to learn coping skills, and become entirely abstinent for awhile in order to learn balance.
Types of sex addiction, usually happen for causes and reasons such as "coping skills for stress" or "masks for other psychological things or traumas of the past" or "learned from relationships or family life", many other possibilities, but usually a person who is normally balanced, will not end up with a sex addiction or masturbation addiction.  
Excessive masturbation should really be looked at carefully, as it could easily mean the person has a masturbation addiction.  
I know all of this because i am a recovering sex addict and MB addict. I have learned to masturbate in healthy doses, but i seriously couldn't be abstinent from sex without masturbation. I have learned not to injure myself and end up in hospitals every third day though.

After I masterbate My eyes get really red at times, usually if i do it twice in a day. What can I do to stop my eyes from being red and sore?
for as i know it can decrease your sexual urges/sexuality. But masturbation is perfectly heathly :3 men or women.
Hey guys, i have a serious problem with masturbation. Well recently i have been masturbating quite alot, id say 2-3 a day.i have been masturbating since i was 12 years of age.I was share this pratices by a friend of mine and forked out of my innocents.I REALLY BADLY WANT TO STOP HOWW?!?!
i masterbate alot  20 times a day if not more, when im done i get mad and claustrophobic  and fell i have to go back and do it again, i have sex regularly to  i dont want to masterbate anymmore but i have other things and reasons why i cant reay stop and to tel the truth im kind of scared to masterbate sometimes because i am relived but then if the first time didnt satisfy me i get so angry i want to break something its becoming a problem, i am 19 i have been doing this since i was 6 so my question is there any side effects that show like weekness or something like that and can i truly be helped
you just have to calm your mind friend its hard i know i am an addict to porn sex and i used to beat of twice a day and stroll site to site i just learned to turn off the computer the moment you think of watching it im talking cold turky remember you will not normaly do bodaly harm with jerking off but if you are trying rectal stimulation you are risking alot you can cause internal bleeding you need to stop that ok stay up front so to speak if you have any problems there are many channels to go though for help if you are willing to look i wish all with this problem the best
can red eyes be an eeffect of masterbating (masturbating)?
can u get red eyes from masterbating (masturbating) as a girl? or can you become deaf or blind?
You have to replace it with something that will build your confidence and something that you can share with others without being taken advantage of- sports, hobbies etc.
Hi, I've been masturbating since I was 13. It's really gotten serious and I'm actually very scared about it. When I first began, it was usually just once a day or every other day (due to the fact lack of time or privacy to do so). As a teen, I always involved with varies activities and interests such as playing music in a band, art, writing, karate, hanging out with friends.

I moved out on my own when I was 18 and that's when I began masturbating alot more (daily; 1 -2 times a day). Eventually depression set in when I started having trouble with keeping an erection with a member of the opposite sex. I also got very lonely. It got so bad that I went from holding two jobs to not being able to keep one due to severe depression and anxiety. In my early twenties I was diagnosed with Bipolar 2 and was permanently out of work on Disability. I was also on medication but it had extremely adverse affects on me - in turn, I masturbated even more (2 - 4 times a day, plus I had also begun edging).  Eventually I began loosing drive for life and interests in actively pursuing goals that I had once had, even loosing interests in hobbies. Now at 30, I feel hopeless and afraid of the future. I can't seem to concentrate or focus on anything and all I do is masturbate. I'll usually wake up in the morning with the intent to do something different, but then end up wasting my day watching porn and edging until it is night again. Sometimes, I won't eat or drink water because I am so focused on what I'm doing. I want to stop but find myself always giving into the mental addiction and physical or separate - if only one of the two presents itself. I'm wasting my life on this and feeling nothing but shame and sorrow from it. I have no interest in dating or mingling with anyone on a romantic or sexual relationship.

I really need help. Is this something that i should find help at a Sex Addicts support group? Every time I've sought advice through a google search, it always seems to lead me to a forum where a 16 year old kid is worried he's a chronic masturbater because he does it once a day and 25 people assuring him it's normal at his age. Can someone please point me in the right direction?
OMG! The posts on this thread are ridiculous. Masturbation is normal and in nature, most mammals do it. There are NO health consequences. It does not make you go blind, cause you to lose hair, have "bone pain", or lead to bi-polar disorder. If this was true, people in monogamous relationships that have frequent sexual intercourse would suffer the same fate. When you masturbate, you are manipulating yourself into an orgasm. That's it. If you feel shame, depression, etc., it's because you are listening to the propaganda that many religions teach. I do agree that if your masturbation becomes chronic (several times a day), or you avoid intimacy with your partner because you'd rather take care of yourself, you may have an addiction issue. However, there are NO related physical HEALTH issues due to masturbation. In fact, some health experts claim that it is beneficial to preventing prostate cancer. Please stop spreading misinformation. People should not be afraid to do something that is SO NORMAL.
I am wondering why hypnosis is not considered for stopping or reducing masturbation. There are no. of websites selling recorded hypnosis material. You will find what can go wrong with excessive masturbation. You may also google for yog Nidra which stronger and more effective than hypnosis.One can do male deer exercises and kegel exercises to control sexual act.
Masturbation and too much sexual desires in general severely hurts your health. Each time you masturbate, you are pulling the Qi from your Kidney, whose job is to store the excessive Qi from you for later use in your life. It is the vital energy that you need to live. Weakening your kidney to certain degree will cause all kinds of diseases, including but not limited to: fatigue, memory loss, losing focus, hair loss, prostate problems, stroke, and even diabetes. You cannot replace your sperm by simpling taking supplements or vitamins, because it contains the Qi that's nearly irreplaceable. A man under thirty takes 8 days to cover the Jing (Essence) it lost from ejaculation. As you get older, it takes longer.

Having a good understanding will be a good step toward stopping masturbation. Wish you will walk out of darkness and have a better life.

i too live to masturbate.  i'm retired and i now have the time to indulge as much as i want.  i watch all types of porn vids.  there are times when i have played with it for 6 to 7 hours.  i just love it.
hi , i know masturbation frequently is good, but wat actual side effect..are, any thing too much is bad,byz by nature ony humans have that option .. to masterbation (masturbation) daily
Is there any connection between peeing a little leak, just a tiny little, of red with mostly your average urine color and too much masterbatio/how we handle our penis to masterbate? The reason I ask this is that I just went to take a leak after masterbating (masturbating) (many times watching porn) and I just notice while peeing that my urine appears to have a tiny faint of red (obviously blood probably), though it didn't mix up with my usual yellow/green urine in the toilet bowel. Plus i noticed that theress kind of a red kind of bruise mark on the tip of the penis, making seems like it was bleeding but wasn't. NOTHING hurted when this occurred, just the arousal  good sex impulse feeling  in my penis and also if this has to do with this, my penis wasn't circumstize at birth. I know this a long and silly question, but I just want to find out for myself if any physical (internal/external) damage can happen on the penis caused by masterbating (masturbating).
I'm 34 yrs old, married, and have been masturbating since I was 8, exposed to porn since 6.  I've masturbated daily, from once a day to many times during the day.  I can even recall dedicating an entire 4 days to masturbating from the time I woke, until it was time to sleep (with breaks in between, of course).  Yet, I've not experienced ANY of the physical ailments or side effects that others do, such as back/testicular/groin pain, hair loss, vision loss, etc.  EVERY orgasm was pleasurable and glorious, and helped relieve stress, urges, loneliness, etc.  I do occasionally experience E.D. during sex, however...the reason being the inability to  the level of excitement and pleasure that masturbating and watching porn does for me.

But, personally, the biggest side effect that I've developed is masturbating when I am sleeping, and having NO recollection or memory of ever doing it, whatsoever.  It took my wife to tell me that I masturbate at night, dreaming of having sex with people in my past and, even worse...calling out their names.  Apparently, I've been masturbating in my sleep as long as she's known me (10 years), but only told me about 2 years ago.  

Is there anyone else here who has the same problem as I do?
im 28yrs old ive been doing it since i was like 10 and it has always very very often give me several day long bouts of extream stomach cramping and diarrhea and if i happen to do it again durring this it of coarse makes it worse and last longer, other than that because of internet pictures and such it can become an addiction.. which it has so u deffinatly have the mental aspect of it as well. btw if u have any good solution to the stomach issue at the top i would love to hear it . also i currently take dicyclomine 4 times a day and it doesnt help with this at all.
thats only because society makes it seem against free will. your just afraid that people would think its bad (even though they have no proof it is). so you try to hide it which, in turn, makes you feel guilty and shameful.
i am 42 age old doing it since 14 i could not feel any thing bad effect.but if you put more musle power it will be harmfull. Natural way of intercourse is more good to over all health,what can do one without a mate? sex is innevitable in life natures creation is such a kind, every one having the right to enjoy. if we do not getting satisfied sex life it will worse our behaviour,health,immunopower, social approch many things.however, as any material luck like money,home,vehicles,good health,education,good job,business getting  a regular good sexual life is definitly one of a another  luck.every one cannot attain this.unlike another  material lucks we can have it through masterbation (masturbation) that is the nature given advantage of it.
in my experience, too much masturbation can make you feel like you can't breath or are having trouble breathing and make you exhausted.
If your masturbation brings you relief from some tension that is not progressive then masturbation is ok, otherwise no!
I have always had a better climax during masterbation (masturbation). When I was single I would have a hard time coming and would allow my girlfriend to climax then I would go to the restroom and finish off on my own regardless of how hot the girl was. I am now 56 and still have  the drive of a young man but my wife who is 52 is going through menopause and does not like having sex because it causes her discomfort. I have been married over 16 years and have never cheated on my wife thanks to the fact that I could masterbate and get relief.
I have been doing it since I was 15 and have had no health problems.
Beat the heat not the meat...there goes your back ,liver ,and prostate...to much will ruin all that...there has to be a limit to how many times u pet the one eyed snake..chafffin of the skin can occur and be unconfortable...
I have been mastirbating since I was 13 using dildo, vegetable, vibraors fingers or whatever I could find.... Hasn't effected my life but I wanna stop I am now 18 what do I do@
???
In a sense you are being possessed but by your sexual 'self'  it over powers every other part of your personality...I have had moments when masturbating when one part of my mind has thought I don't want to do this but I had no control over my body and continued until I came. I am female and have been masturbating all my life. There are days when I also think I don't want to watch porn but then it happens again where I get horny and have no control...I think the only way you can over come this is by something like meditation or to find something that will give you more mental control and mental discipline..maybe google mental discipline exercises and see what comes up. Good luck :) I have not overcome this fully yet but I find that being as honest as possible to my partner at explaining my behaviour to him is at least saving our relationship at the moment. The other thing you want to do is get a hobby or something creative that can sap some energy and distract your mind....make sure when you go to bed at night you are really tired and you may find you masturbate less.
I am 29 female and have been masturbating for as long as i can remember..even at a young age when I should not have been and I am also liek you and was exposed to porn and a stupid age. I know exactly what you mean about the different types of 'coming' from masturbating to sex but I find that I have to save it up....I basically made myself a promise that as long as my partner and I are having healthy regular sex that I would not masturbate too often and he agreed...so we said that each other could do it no problem but as long as it does not affect our sex life. We do it most days and have been together for 9 months You need to remember how good it feels to come inside of your lady and at the moment you are spoiling yourself so of course you will get e-d. Try going a day or even a few days and then you jump on your wife, the relief of wanting to come will feel great and your mind will associate that feeling with sex again rather then masturbation...you may have to do it a few times though to re program your brain.
You need a goal. You need to sit down and ask yourself what you want from life. Then you need to plan out how you are going to get there.
There is nothing wrong with masturbating BUT if you are feeling mentally negative about the whole thing and feel that you are not in control of it and feel that your life is not heading in the direction you want because of your need to masturbate then yes I would say it's time to change it up a bit.

Remember that the only reason you masturbate is because your body knows it is the one thing that can give you pleasure. We all seek happiness, that is our drive of being human and at the moment (of posting this) you have no other stimulant in your life....so you need to find that.
I mentioned before that mental discipline can do wonders as it's a constant battle that you have to keep practicing but also exercise is a good distraction, I know I masturbate more when I exercise less and I am like you in that yes physically it is enjoyable but mentally it can feel troubling and not because of religious propaganda but because we know deep down that we are over indulging, we know we are concentrating too much on ourselves when other things need to be sorted in our life.
How do you get fat? By eating too much. Does it taste great? Of course. Do we feel like **** when we look in the mirror and realise our over indulgence has made us fat? Of course. So it's the same with our 'sense of being' I guess you could say. We are all looking to 'do' something with our lives that fulfill is and although masturbating feels good and is fine as a perk, it can't be the 'thing' we do in our life otherwise our 'sense of being' gets fat and weighed down you could say lol.
if you ever do read this.. since its 3years since your post. It is just your penis lubricating it's self so your ejaculation is not painful. I lack the lube you speak of and after i ejaculate for the next few hours i have a god awful burning sensation. I started masturbating when i was a child and this burning has been here all my life only if i ejaculate. So no STD lol as well i have been checked. The lack of the luby oily stuff your affraid of.. i wish i had more of it. It is safe, and a necessity.
in fact, you have have answered all my questions about masturbation.
Also thanks for your advise.
your hair should be washed daily for the most part anyhow, this is part of being human in general not masterbaing
I have never seen so many old tales in my life.  Masterbation (masturbation) is natural as having a healthy relationship with a partner (male or female. straight or gay)and having sex once or more times a day; neither practice will cause you any physical harm.

Most of the problems are related to our culture and the sex is 'dirty'  tales fed to us when we were young.  It is all psychological.  Naturally if you masterbate regularly 3 or more times each day it will affect the amount of sperm you produce in each ejacuation. But other than some skin irritation on the penis there is no problem with 'cronic (chronic)' masterbation (masturbation)!

Also often masterbation (masturbation) is combined with a fantasy you may have or combined with pornography you are attracted to (ie. watching gay or bi porn when married or watching rough sex which your partner it is not interested in) or both. This doesn't physically affect the body's ability to perform but psychologically it brings into question your real sexual inclination and that in turn may affect your ability to perform with your partner.  Some do not want face this and will continue to hide the truth by suppressing their natural urges  Inevitably this will lead to problems in any relationship and may eventually cause a breakdown in the relationship.

My only real advice is that you should seek professional advice from a Counsellor and do not rely on sites on the Internet.  This may or may not save the relationship you are in but psychologically it may save you from aelf doubt and help with your well being..  To those who are single, then masterbate as much as you want until you are in a relationship (hetrosexual or gay) and then things should take their natural course subject to my comments above.  

Just a few thoughts and I sincerely hope they help you.
Hi ive been wackin my willie for about 4 yrs now.. I slowed down ALOT (2-3 times a week) but the first 3 yrs i was doin it 1+ times a day.. The reason i slowed down is beacause i noticed my wrist had this thick, muscle? that runs down my fore arm.. I was wonderin is this from masturbating too much or what?
can't agree more! same symptom.
Hi David, A lot that is written above only confirms some of the things that are written on  sites around the web, when will you have something written to read from the facts you have been given.
Good Luck
ive been masterbating (masturbating) over 20 years and i think it caused arthritis went to doctor told me there could be some problems with the tendons so i believe there are physical problems it causes
Masturbation itself is safe there aren't any established long-term actual physical difficulties with reasonable genital stimulation routines. Nevertheless, we are able to most encounter several unwanted side effects, whether they tend to be short-term, long-term as well as linked to long-term genital stimulation behavior.
Ive been bateing a ton even at work, i have a younger gf too.  Im really depressed as well, i have no friends no money to do anything productive or fun. I golf when i can afford it. And get drunk on the weekends. So i think spankin it has had a negative impact on my life. I might even be bi-polar, but im afraid to be diagnosed. I had a bad childhood as well, when i was 4 my stepfather disaplined me by having me pull down my pants and lay on the bed and hit me with a leather belt across my butt and legs. Pretty messed up eh? I have 2 kids of my own and have never so much as scolded them , old folks compliment me all time about how well mannered and behaved they are. I only loved them and cherished them. Im all around ****** up i know, but sometimes i get the urge to choke it out of bordom for life . And to keep me from cheating on my GF. But im going to quit jerkin the gherkin to see if it cheers me up and gives me the energy to bone my gf more often.
I've been chronically masterbating (masturbating) for probly 8-9 years since i was 15  26 now and it's gotten me nothing but depression and carpel tunnel in my hand but just quitting cold turkey is so hard... with out having a gf around.. sigh it ***** that i have to give it up but  there's nothing else i can . Every time after i finiahed i'de feel really depressed that i had to resort to masterbation (masturbation) to get off and now recently i been getting rlly sharp pain in the upper part of my wrist and it's constant and it feels like my wrist is just hanging on by a thread of nerve.. so i had to give up Mb before it happened to both hands.

It might be healthy but it does have long term side effects that are not becoming such as carpel tunnel
I also wanted to mention that i have a very large sex drive and it would no tkeep me from boning agf if i had one but yeah it does pass time when you are bored sadly
I have always been a chronic masturbator. I really enjoy looking at porn and masturbating. So I guess I have an addiction to both.

I have been able to set a limit on the number of times I can masturbate in one day. And I have a certain time that I can masturbate. I am usually able to stick to my limits. But I do go over the limit sometimes.

I really look forward to my masturbation sessions. I only miss them if I'm sick, tired or I have company. I feel that I can't sleep if I don't masturbate. It is very hard to limit my masturbating. I do sort of cheat. I like to touch and stroke myself and get hard during the day. But I usually don't masturbate to an ejaculation. And this takes allot of willpower to do.

I do have premature ejaculation. I think I have trained myself to ejaculate fast with frequent masturbating and trying to orgasm as soon as I can.
Will I don't know masterbating (masturbating) feels so good the farthest I did was like 6 times in 1 hr is tat bad I can't stop and I have like depression and I think it is the masterbating (masturbating)
Don't worry, thats fine.  Some of us are like that.  I have a buddy who is 28, he's leaked big time since mid teens and always got lots of ****.   Needs two pairs undies each day else they get too wet.   He's just a lucky lad.
              Hangdog.
I think your wrong. Because even if you din't know the side effects you somehow could tell that something was up, thats why most of us are here.
Satiating your lungs, thirst and hunger is also free will, Yogie. What does your 'demonic possession' have to say about that? So unless you want to stop breathing, eating or drinking, I suggest you think twice about posting your bible-bashing paranoia and fears.
Free will is about not being duped into guilt-trips put on you by religions and cults that wants to control you heart, mind and soul by wrapping it tightly up in a 'demonic' fear.
Get well soon.
I have been masturbating almost every night (at least once) for 20 firkin years now, and there is nothing wrong with me. I am married, have 2 kids (only two because that's all I think I can afford. lol), a good job, and no health problems. If anything It is a benefit and helps me think with my proper brain. Not the small one.
Hi everyone -

Please remember that we are a medical site, and we do not allow overtly religious or spiritual posts on our site.

Also, masturbation is usually a normal activity for most people. Certainly, it can cause issues if taken to the extreme, but it does not cause blindness, baldness, infertility, etc.

Thanks,

Emily
Hi! I read your post. What is Qi your talking about. And you said it is irreplacable. Learning more about this masterbation (masturbation) issue. And wanted to know  what is Qi. Thanks!
I,m not sure if my first response got sent to you. Trying it again. How do you know if its related to masturbation?( out of breath or trouble breathing) Is it a personal belief or you read this somewhere? Will this correct itself with time? Thanks for your help!