Sexual Health Community
Small Quantity of Ejaculation

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Small Quantity of Ejaculation

Whenever I masturbate, only a very small amount comes out that should normally, I have seen on "videos" around the internet of what should be coming out, I am 17 years old and I wonder if maybe I have a "strangled testicle" or something like that, also I have a very high sex drive, due to the fact I dont feel satisfied whenever I finish so to say. The semen is not thick and white it is watery and clear with some white blobs.
Well have you talked to a doctor about this??? What about the first time you masturbated? By any chance do you rememer if you the amount was pretty big?? Like me for example im 23. I still remember that the first time I masturbated was when I was like 18 and "WOW" the shooting amount was super impressive, but obviously as time passed the amount  for some reason just started to decrease, but the shooting is still very good.. Talk to a doctor and see what they say, I think theres some kind of treatment for this, I've heard about it..... Also I see that you typed "when I masturbate" Im guessing you mean "self-master" right?? if so then, have you had sex with somebody? I know as a fact that the shooting is always alot more "cooler" and more exotic when you do it with somebody than doing it yourself, and consequence of that is a better and bigger ejaculation... If you haven't had any sexual intercourse then don't be dissapointed.. whait for the right time and try it with somebody and if you really get into it then im pretty sure your ejaculation is going to be alot better.. im telling you this becuase I dont see my girl friend every day, and when she's gone well you know the classic "hand" thing right? But when she's back.. I see,and feel that my shooting is ALOT bigger and better..... GOOD LUCK!!!    
Although the "normal" ejaculation can be anywhere from 1-5.5 ml, the amount of semen we ejaculate varies for a few reasons. Small amounts are usually due to the amount of time between ejaculations. For example, if you masturbate every day the amount will be less. Your body can only produce a limited amount. About 60% of the fluid comes from the prostate, about 30% from the seminal vesicles. Once produced it gets stored in the vas deferens until ejaculation. Frequent ejaculation uses up the stored semen and it can take a while to produce more.

Volume can also be affeected by the length of time you are stimulated. An extended period of foreplay and sex will result in a higher volume. Because you probably orgasm more quickly when you masturbate you'll probably have lower volume.

Another common cause of decreased volume is dehydration. If your body is low on fluids it cannot produce a high volume of semen. Drinking fluids can increase the volume if this is the cause.

There are some medical problems that can cause it. Certain infections, hormonal problems, and retrograde ejaculation (some of the semen is ejaculated backward into the bladder) are common.

All of these things will also cause it to be more watery (except dehydration which will make it thicker). The "white blobs" are also common. It's just prtein that sometimes clump together.

Since semen is not made in your testicles that's not the problem.