Sexual Health Community
Small pains in testicles/base of penis; ingrown hair?

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

I've been having quite a few small problems with my genital area lately, and I want to make sure I'll be alright and that I don't have anything else going on besides the fact that I had been masturbating twice as much as I normally do for a while, and that I might also have an ingrown hair.

First of all, I have never had any type of sexual intercourse, and probably won't for a while yet.

Well, it started a little longer than a month ago; I shaved for the first time in a few months. I got small red pimples around the general area where I had shaved, (not on the penis itself,) and they were itchy; they wouldn't go away for a few weeks. 

I figured this was because I made a few tiny little nicks that got infected, and since I hadn't shaved in a while it may have irritated the area.

I decided to lay off the masturbation for a while;  I figured the pimples weren't healing because I wouldn't leave the area alone.  And sure enough the red pimples cleared up in a couple days.

But, there was a small bump that stayed behind. When I masturbated again after I thought I was healed, I noticed a small bump or vein or something bulge up that I had never seen before. It didn't feel right.

After that happened, the base of my penis (and around the balls) started feeling sore. There was one night that a sharp pain shot through the area.

My girlfriend was afraid that I had urinary tract infection, and she told me to drink lots of water and stop masturbating. I did that, and it actually did help... but also, I was having a few other stomach problems. Once my...erm...bowels cleared up, the pain went away for the most part. So we're pretty certain it wasn't UTI.

BUT, that small bump still shows up, and my balls still feel sore sometimes. 

But now, I'm thinking that spot is an ingrown hair. I did notice a little wiry black hair growing out from the bump, and I still get small pangs of soreness around that area. Should I try to take it out? Also, could maybe the other small pains be because of growing pains?

(There's one other thing that was bothering me for a few days: it felt like I pinched a nerve in my leg, and it was affecting my right inner thigh and my right testicle. It eased up after a couple days though. I'm not so sure it's relevant to the other small problems I've been having, but I'm not sure.)

So... what exactly is going on..?