Sexual Health Community
Solid stuff like crystals from penis

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Solid stuff like crystals from penis

I was about to masturbate only to see solid custard type thingy coming from around the penis,not from tip. They are like small crystals.

I can link pic though if anyone don't mind.Also I never had any sexual intercourse so far.
just found on wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smegma

this is what am talking about. is it bad/harmful ?
I asume that you are uncircumcised, I was told about this by my parents as soon as I was able to retract the foreskin. I was around the age of 3.

For proper hygiene you should retract the foreskin while taking a bath, making sure that the edge of the glans (glands) is washed.

Smegma itself is not harmfull but it can build up and start to smell. To some partners this causes a problem as they are bothered by the build up of this substance. Smegma is there to lubricate and protect the penis. If you fail to retract the foreskin during urination than stale urine mixes in with this. You can understand that it is best to clean it as often as you can.

For me it was as comon as brushing my teeth. Recently i have some urological problems where I had my foreskin covering the glans (glands) all day. I use condom catheters due to urine leakage. As a result at the end of the day it is neccessary to clean under the foreskin.

There seems to be an attitude in Canada and the US where an uncircumcised male is viewed as unclean. This is nonsense and most circumcisions are performed without medical need.

My wife was used to males of her family being circumcised, I and one of her nephews were the only uncut males whom she had seen nude. It was not until we ere married that she saw me nude. She has had no problems with my uncircumcised status. When we had our first son my mother in law suggested circumcision, but my wife explained that this would be an unneeded surgical procedure.

I was born in the Netherlands where circumcision is rare. I'm very pleased that my penis was left alone with it's foreskin attatched. It is easier during intercourse or masturbation. No lubrication is required. To me a circumcised penis looks butchered, besides the foreskin is something else to play with.

All the best.

Ron
Thank you for detailed response Ron.

Did you had to circumcise after marriage/before sex?

I was told sex with uncircumcised pernis will be lot painful since foreskin have to go far back.
I am uncircumcised too and I have no problems with having sex, the foreskin goes back smoothly without any pain. Maybe in my teens the foreskin was a little bit tight but the problems disappeared completely when I started to masturbate and later when I started to have regular sex. Plus, hygiene helped a lot, too. So circumcision is not always necessary, in many cases the foreskin causes no problems and no pain. And I think that sometimes circumcision may make penis less sensitive, so it is not always the best choice (except for medical reasons)