Swelling of the meatus after masturbation
Hi, I am an average male at the age of 16, and every time I masturbate, about 15 minutes after ejaculating, my meatus swells into ma more red/purple pursed lips kind of shape. It does not hurt or sting, but it worries me because it happens after I masturbate and I do not know what it is. I do not really use any lubricant for masturbation, but I masturbate for quite long periods of time, like 20 minutes. The swelling goes down after and hour and does not appear until I would masturbate again. I have not had any sexual encounters yet. So I was wondering if you could give me a clue if what my symptoms are bad!
I think it would be best to use a lubricant every time. Especially if you're masturbating alot and for long periods of time.
But do you know if it is any disease or something? I'm just concerned... :/
I think people often forget that intact men (uncircumcised) don't need to use lubricant to masturbate. And actually some lubes can cause irritation to the more sensitive skin of intact men. Basically lube doesn't really matter unless you don't have foreskin.

Also there's not much reason to think it's a disease (or any pathology) unless it feels wrong (irritated, itchy, inflamed or painful). Does it hurt at all? (Even just the tiniest bit?)

On the other hand, it also could be something. Swelling of the meatus after ejaculation might be a sign of infection. Do you have any other symptoms? Is it hard to get the last drops out when you urinate? If drinking cranberry juice makes this stop happening, it was probably a minor infection. Cranberry is especially good for fighting yeast, the most common cause of non-STD genital infections.
What are the symptoms of a meatus yeast infection?
The symptoms of meatal infection (yeast, bacteria or other pathogens), are basically just what you've described--inflammation. If it's inflammation from infection, it may get worse when it's wet or when exposed to a source of nutrition (which can be semen and/or urine in different cases)--though it need not necessarily do this.

This inflammation might be meatitis (meatus inflammation) if it's affecting only the tip of the penis, but if it goes down into the urethra too, it's called urethritis. The meatus is the very end of the urinary tract, so an infection there would be classified as a type of (lower) urinary tract infection (UTI).

The biggest cause of this problem in sexually active men is STD (gonorrhea/chlamydia/etc.). Urethritis that's been tested and found to NOT be caused by gonorrhea is referred to as non-gonorrheal urethritis (NGU), because gonorrhea is so commonly the cause. As a virgin, you don't have to worry about any of that!! (It is a helpful reminder why safe sex is important.)

If it is yeast or any other sort of more benign infection, cranberry can usually help a lot. Avoid milk and cream until you're better because they make it harder to overcome infections.

If it's not itching or painful, it must not be very advanced, but that doesn't mean it won't get worse (!) Urinary tract infections can migrate. They often travel up the urethra into any of the internal genital organs (like the prostate, bladder, testes). So if this doesn't clear up within a couple days, I would definitely want to see a doctor to make sure it's not damaging anything.
And if it is a urinary tract infection, does that pose any danger to my body or so? And the same for meatitis? Because it doesn't hurt at all, yet it just swells after masturbation, like a pair of lips.
Hi Douglas441, I Have the same problem and wanted to know if u found out wether if it was normal or not to have that kind of swelling.