Sexual Health Community
Teenage Curiosity or Abuse

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Teenage Curiosity or Abuse

If a 13 year old male sibling coerces 11 year old sister to touch and kiss genitals and also manually stimulates his sister, is this considered abuse or teenage curiosity? I had a discussion with a friend about an incident she knew of, but she said just curiosity because ages are so close, but I think is a form of abuse.
its both.  that 13 year old needs to be taught that this is both inappropriate and completely not allowed and put into counseling.  so does the sister.  some pretty weird side effects can come about if this goes unchecked and excused.  a 13 yr old has no business getting his genitals kissed and played with anyway.  a 13 yr old masturbating is one thing but experimenting with sexual acts raises flags.  where did he get this from?  find out, watch him, cut off the t.v. and get him needs some counseling right away.  dont excuse it as childhood curiosity.  if he becomes curious about other peoples children, he will end up in jail
Honestly... I think it's curiosity.  It's inappropriate certainly, and should be addressed with a calm and serious discussion (rather than a shouty "if I catch you doing that again I'll flay you within an inch of your life" type discussion).  I would not really characterise it as abuse.   I guess the extent of how much it is abuse is related to the extent to which the sister was co-erced, rather than being willingly involved through her own curiosity.
i don't think it's curiosity, kids these days at the age of 13 know better not to do things with their sister or other younger children. there was a guy in my 7th grade class a while back, that's when your 13, right? well he's in prison now for performing sexual acts on little boys and girls from back then, was he just curious? not at all, he knew what he was doing was wrong, that's why he is paying for it now.
I agree, that any form of coersion is abuse...from what I understand about this incident in particular is that the brother told his sister since she ugly and unpopular, she need to learn and be good at sex and also threaten other things...so shame on those who think this isn't abuse, no matter what the age. Anytime sex is used as a weapon or to manipulate someone, it is abuse and remember biological age is not always same for emotional developement etc.
I agree with the individual who said that you should get this child into counseling... age isn't the key factor here, the fact that a boy wants to do things to his SISTER is a big problem... not to go into a lot of detail, but when i was about 6, my brother who was about 13 got "curious" with me....the problem if this isn't addressed is that it can continue on for years... with me it did... sometimes having your parents intervene isn't enough... the problem with many girls who are introduced to sex or things of a sexual nature too early is that they either become facinated by it or they run from it... neither is really a healthy reaction... i fully believe that if this isn't stopped now that the behavior will get worse and the next time it may not be his 11 year old sister he gets "curious" with...
I agree with you - 13 is plenty old enough to be well past the "curious child" stage.  I really think the boy is taking advantage of his little sister.  This is going to cause him MUCH guilt later in his life (he may never be able to live with himself once he realizes what he has done once he grows up more) and it will do damage to his sister as well when she realizes the inappropriateness of it all.
the original poster has THE OBLIGATION!!!!!!!!! to inform CPS for a parent to even think this is any thing other than abuse indicates stupidity or denial but in any case its not for you to decide whats right and wrong. if you have knowledge of these behaveiors occuring
and you do nothing than now you are an accomplice plain and simple call the authorities now imagine how you will feel if in 5 years this child rapes someone and you could have perhaps prevented it. keep us posted