Sexual Health Community
Testosterone Injection

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Testosterone Injection

Hi everyone. First post here. Anyway, I have searched and searched the internet for an answer to my question and no help so far, so hopefully someone here will be able to help me. I am a 37 year old male with Crohns didease and for the past few months I have had no sex drive whatsoever and I have also been abnormally fatigued and have no energy.

I had to have a blood work up done and most all my results came back normal, but my Testosterone level was 202. I made an appt. with my doctor because after doing some research, I was pretty confident that if I could get this number up, then I might start feeling better. He prescribed me AndroGel because he said that would take me to a normal level and maintain me there, while the injection would take me to a high peak then slowly come back down shortly before my next injection. Well, my insurance wouldn't pay for the gel and it was $300.00 for a month supply. I couldn't do that. So I called the doctors office and they said they would do the injection and I went and had it done yesterday. I didn't get to see the Dr., I just saw the nurse. I asked her a question and she didn't know. So here it is............ How long after my injection yesterday should I start feeling the effects form the injection? Believe it or not, I am more worried about getting my energy back than my libido ( I've been married for 15 years, maybe I have had enough.. LOL ) Anybody who has had this done and any feedback you can give me would be much appreciated...... Thank you for your time.
Tags: androgel
Hi, You should start to feel better within a week or two.  I go in twice a month  to get injections, but, initially, it may take 2 injections.  If after a month you don't get your libido back, you might have blood-work again to see if they need to raise the level of testosterone they are giving you.  I get  an injection of 200 grams, twice a month.

Hope you feel better soon.

Phil