Sexual Health Community
The hood of my clitoris recurrently swells up

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

I am 22, and have had only 2 sexual partners. This is not an STD - I've already been tested for those. This summer I contracted my first yeast infection. After going to the doctor and getting a pretty crappy over the counter treatment my clitoral hood started to swell up. First I thought it was nothing, and my BF noticed. at first it only hurt when touched, and then it just started to hurt at the slightest brush of clothing. My clitoral hood swelled completely over my clitoris.

I was given antibiotics, but as it didn't show any improvement for about a week I went back. I was given diflucan for the yeast infection at this point, and told to take daily sitz baths. The doctor told me to stop taking the antibiotics, and to just take the sitz baths and see if it cleared up. I stopped taking the antibiotics for about two days but then went right back to them after being told by another professional at the student health center that I shouldn't have gone off them to begin with. I then caught a yeast infection from taking the antibiotics - something that has never happened to me with other antibiotics. They were treating me with Cephlexin for a cellulitis. It finally went down but a smallish hard-spot on my clitoral hood still remained.

A week later it started to swell up the tiniest bit. I thought it was my imagination but then it started hurting again and three weeks later it was no where near as bit as last time but the hardspot had swollen into a smallish lump. I went to a different doctor and they gave me wide-range antibiotics. The antibiotics gave me another yeast infection. The swelling went away. I haven't treated the yeast infection because I figured no matter what I did it would persist due to the antibiotics and that has gotten much worse. I finished taking the antibiotics last thurday. On saturday my clitoral hood started to swell up again, its Tuesday night and it has gotten painful. I'm on my period and wearing a pad is almost unbearable. I really really really need an answer. I can't stand this. I want it to return to the way it was.
If you retract the hood and exam the clitoris, are their hard stones in the crevices?  I believe these are yeast.  So every time you get on antibiotics, you are making it worse.  You need to get serious.  Try to improve your diet, eating few carbs and sugar.  Eat vegetables and lean meat and whole fruits, not juice.  Take Azo-Yeast, which is OTC.  I believe it is 2 tabs a day.  Do the Sitz baths.  That sounds smart, because if you try to pry the stones out, it is going to hurt unbearably.  After doing the Sitz bath, dry the area gently and apply a topical cream such as Lotrimin (I find the athlete's foot or jock itch creams work better than the ones made for women as there are fewer irritating ingredients but the same active ingredient) into the crevices.  Do this 3 times a day, very gently.