Sexual Health Community
Tough Hymen Removal Surgery

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Tough Hymen Removal Surgery

I'd really just like some feedback on this procedure. Anyone that has had it or knows anyone that has had it, or a medical professional trained in and familiar with the procedure, your responses will be greatly appreciated. I have a tough hymen that is not breaking naturally through intercourse, and it has been too excruciatingly painful to have sex under these circumstances. I went to the gynecologist and even inserting the speculum and doing parts of the finger exam were too painful for me to  undergo without some serious grimacing. That's how she knew that the main cause of my pain was my hymen that is still fully intact. She recommended either to keep trying (which I really don't see as an option anymore as it is so horridly painful- and it really doesn't seem like if what we have been doing isn't working, that anything will), to use dilators (which I have already decided is not the option for me), or to go under general anesthetic and get the hymen surgically removed. Any feedback on any aspect of the surgery at all is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your time and responses.