Sexual Health Community
Urgent need of urinating after ejaculating?

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Hello everybody,

I am asking this question now, because I have always been too shy to ask it to anyone else. Thank you for reading this post.

So my question is: Is it normal to feel an urgent need of urinating after ejaculating? I made a urine test and doctor "checked" my sex and he said that everything was fine.

Thank you so much!
Just to say that it is a little bit painful to urinate in those moment, I have to force really hard to urinate a very little amount of urine.
PS: I have a burning sensation

Sorry I don't know how to edit my post
I am not sure if its normal. but, I to have to urinate after ejaculation. it does some time burn a little. I have not really paid much concern to it. My wife goes to the toilet after sex too.
I don't think its anything to  worry about
Pain with urination after sex can be common if you have a full bladder during sex or masturbation. Try emptying your bladder right before that. Another possible cause  occurs if you stay in high arousal for a long period of time prior to ejaculating.

However continual or frequent pain with urination usually might signify a urinary tract infection. Check with your Dr. if this issue persists.
Hi-- Yes, I agree with diaspoguy.  I used to have the same thing happen to me me, until I figured out that I should empty my bladder prior to having sex--even if you don't feel like you have to "go", try to anyway.  That should solve your issue.

As for having to force urination right after ejaculating, your body has to relax the sphincter below the bladder to allow urine to pass through.  (This sphincter prevents urine from escaping when you ejaculate and also prevents semen form shooting backward into the bladder).  If this ever happens again, wait a few minutes (say 5) after ejaculating before trying to urinate.  I've been in the same situation--I can stand there for two minutes urinating a trickle because that sphincter has not completely relaxed yet to allow a full flow.  The burning you feel (unless there is something else going on) is normal as your urethra is still very sensitive after ejaculating.  Hope this helps!