Sexual Health Community
Vaginal discharge....semen??

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Vaginal discharge....semen??

hi.  I have noticed that recently when my husband and i have not had regular intercourse i have a discharge from my vagina.  Im embarassed about it but decided to speak to him about it because it was staining my panties and the staining looks like dried sperm. Recently we went four days without sex of any kind, and when he penetrated me we could feel i was very wet so stopped and when we looked at his penis it was covered in a sperm coloured liquid, i couldnt understand this as i usually clean myself pretty thoroughly after he has ejaculated inside of me, is this normal, thankfully we are quite open and discussed all possibilities the most we go without is usually about 4-5 days and that doesnt happen often i am worried that he may think theres a more sinister explanation as it looks like sperm, has an odour like old sperm (gross i know but couldnt think of a better description) and we have never noticed it before.  is it possible sperm can last inside me for four days and still be thick and discharging?  any help would be appreciated
semen can usually live inside a woman's vagina for up to 7 days depending on the chemical/bacterial balance inside of the vagina
Avatar n tn
I would recommend you to contact a person. He is a professional doctor and a pharmacist. I had sexual problems but then i contacted him and he really helped me out and my husband. And im really thankful to him for making my sexual likfe better. Feel free to contact him at this email:

dr.***@****
Avatar n tn

"dr.***@****"
Avatar n tn

"dr.***@****"

first *** is for "dr.watson" and 2nd is for "mediwax"
it could also be a yeast infection or other kind..  should visit to gyno doctor..

lackofbettername...
it surprised me what you mention above.   are you sure about that...??
As long as the conditions inside are sutable for the sperm, I'm very positive.
Highly doubtful that semen is the culprit, as most of it leaks out soon after sex--and the remainder finds its way out in a day or so.  Sounds more like an infection of some sort--which could be very well mixing with your lubricating fluids.  And, yes, although not as likely after 4 or 5 days, there could be a small amount of semen in there, too--but it would be a very small amount, if any.

4lackofbettername:  Yes, sperm can live in a women's reproductive tract for several days, but seminal fluid first coagulates for a short period of time, then liquifies before most of it makes its way out of the vagina, as it is no longer needed by the sperm.  The bulk of sperm (those that remain alive that long) are somewhere well up into her fallopian tubes looking for that egg after that many days.