Sexual Health Community
Vomiting, Shaking, Cramping & Pain After Sex & During Sex

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

I am a 34 year old female.  For many years I have been having a lot of pain during sex with my husband.  After going at it for awhile I start to shake and get really bad cramping and stabbing pains in my lower abdomin (abdomen).  Afterwards I run as quickly to the bathroom as I can because I start vomiting because the pain is so intense.  Then within half an hour it subsides then goes away completely.  The following day I usually have several bowel movements and have cramping and stabbing pains on and off through the day.  We are having regular sex, no anal at all.  When I spoke to my OB/GYN many years ago she said it was because my husbands penis is so large that it is hitting my cervix and that my cervix is tilted and that is why I am having all the problems.  Another OB/GYN said it is a common problem and not to worry about it.  Another one said that I had some small cysts and they would go away on their own.  Another one said I have Pelvic Inflamatory Disease.  

I have extrememly long and exessive bleeding during periods with severe cramping too.  One of them said that was very common and even though I was passing clots the size of the palm of my hand and sometimes they last for more then 10 days that it was no big deal and not to worry that my body just produced excessive lining.

I am also ALWAYS tired.

I explained to them that I feel something is wrong...  I have three sons (13, 7 and 4) but have had 12 miscarriages (all within the first two months of pregnancy).  They told me they were ectoptic or just didn't attach properly.  

I have severe family history with breast cancer, lung cancer, other cancers and skin cancers.  I have two sister, one of which had to have a hysterectomy when she was in her mid 30's and the other was told she should have one in her early 40's (but she refuses to do it).

I have told all this to my doctors and don't feel like I'm getting the right answers and am getting really frustrated.

I am sick of being sick!  And sick of all the problems I'm having!

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
Sounds like you have a tilted uterous. I had severe pain during intercourse for years and all the doctors I saw said it was because I had bad scar tissue from having my doctor. Due to having irregular periods all my life, we decided I need to have a hysterectomy. When having the vaginal ultrasound prior to the surgery, I learned that my uterous was full of cysts and that it was tilted so far back that that is what was causing all my pain. Since having the hysterectomy I have been pain free during intercourse. I never thought I would see the day when I could say that. Not to mention the hrt I am taking increased my sex drive so it was a bonus all the way around for me.
Thanks for the information!  I really am afraid when I finally get to another doctor they are going to suggest a hysterectomy and I would really like to try and have one more child, I am very happy and blessed with the three boys I already have, especially since I've had so many miscarriages, but I kind of want another boy.  Oh well...  Thanks again appreciate the information!  :)
OMG!!  YOur letter is as if i wrote it. I just googled vomitting after intercourse and this is what i got your letter.  Thats excatly whats been happening to me.  Although I've never had any miscarridages i have three children. All of them were born ceaserean. The doctors all say the same ****. I wish i knew what was wrong with me.
I did not vomit but I did have pain and the period issues.  I ultimately did have a hysterectomy and they found multiple fibroids throughout the uterus.  I thought I would mention though that pregnancy generally does help when it comes to fibroids as well as endometriosis so if you did want another child, it usually gets better during pregnancy.  Also, while I'm glad not to have the uterus any longer, I now have the "your ovary is being hit during intercourse" problem.  The solution for this apparently is, "Tell your husband it's like him getting hit in the Testes."  Wow, nice solution to a painful problem.  Can't tell you how many times I close my eyes and grimace at the pain and hope my husband doesn't see me grimacing.  While I don't think it's common, it's something to consider before a hysterectomy but I can't say I regret having it.  I was 38 when I had my hysterectomy and all of the women in my family have had one before the age of 40 due to this problem.  Oh, and heavy bleeding, especially when you are older, is not normal.  That is a doctor's answer when they don't know the answer.  The heavy bleeding can be caused by either endometriosis (which I also had) and the fibroids.  When you have your period, all of those things bleed too, doubling your bleeding and your pain.  They will also bleed intermittently during the month.  I had bleeding even between periods.  I also had chronic lower back pain which disappeared right after the hysterectomy.  It has come back but I have been sick lately so hoping that is due to infection.  The only birth control pill that helped me at all was Alesse, and I gained 10 pounds on it, but it was the only thing that worked.  I would visit a reproductive endocrinologist if you have one near you, have another child if you are able and want to and then insist that they do a laparoscopy.  They did not know I had fibroids until the uterus was removed.  One of them was actually necrosing at the time it was removed -- not a good thing.  Good luck!  I still love my hysterectomy, I just hate the "ovarian pain" during intercourse.  I lost 10 pounds right after the hysterectomy and my appetite returned to normal -- no longer pigging out due to the birth control pill.
Im a 20 year old female, no kids, and get these same symptoms of vomiting, dizziness, and severe cramping starting during sex and gets more intense after sex. Im not sure when it started happening but it happens a few times a month, and seems like its getting worse, I dont know whats been going on but i know im not pregnant. Might it be a tilted uterous, or cysts?  HELP!!
I'm a 24 year old female and i have had all these symptoms for a few years now.  Some times it doesn't hurt but other times i get such intense pains i have to vomit during intercourse.  My doctor told me i do have cysts and they say they will go away on their own but i think mine go away then come back quickly.  reading all the other information from the other women i feel like i may have a tilted uterous as well.  Is there any other cure to this other than a hysterectomy?  I was hoping i may have kids some day and don't want to get one.  
Ok SO all of you are pretty much describing what just happened to me. I have 1 child and have had 4  miscarriages. I was told in Feb that I have endometriosis they found it on a CT SCAN. You can't see it on a normal ultra sound and because of all the scar tissue from it it is very painful at times to have sex but endure it for the pure love of sex with my partner. You should see if your doctor would do a scan on you and find out and let me know what they say I too want to have another child or two reasoning why I won't get rid of my cervix.