Sexual Health Community
WERE DO I START? GENTIAL(genital) PSORIASIS MALE

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

I am 21 years old, (if you couldn't tell by my handle) I have been living with gential (genital) Psoriasis for just over 6 years now. I don't know where to start talking about this but i need to reach out. one of the biggest concerns is being accepted with this condition by others. i just simply want to be normal. i control my P with Cetaphil and occasional Desonide, (prescribed). I may be jumping around a lot but its just because i have so much to say. My biggest fear is being alone, i just can't wrap my head around telling someone. Their isnt a way i can see that ever working out. I mean i read some forums about husbands with it and being happily married. I want that, i honestly deep down really do. When i read about a girl having the same issue, i understood her pain. this is the biggest secret i have, i haven't told anyone in my life about this. my doctors know of course, my family thinks its on my upper thigh. but no one knows exactly where it is. My last relationship was back in 8th grade middle school, i am now junior in college, (AA Degree) Its been 6 long years without a physical relationship. I mean i am a guy, so i do have certain needs. that i can satisfy. aka masturbation. ( a lot) but am i doomed to be like this forever. ok that was a little of on the deep end. but what im trying to say is striaght up sex is a physical need for men and women, ok. and nobody wants to be an island. in other words im tired of being alone. but im so scared deep down that anyone i tell will simple reject me. I can't let go of this secret. but i have hidden this for so long. I have managed to keep myself busy from ever thinking about. I mean this is my 6th semester of school straight including the summer. with a part time job, and im getting ready to moving out from my parents house today. and now im going to be truly alone. im scared. and thats only the tip of the iceberg. any thoughts?
well i had no idea what genital psoriasis is. i just googled it and read up on it.. why are you letting something like this ( something you cant help ) take a big toll in your life.
Like really its not that big of a deal. i mean like i know it will worry you but stop worrying so much!
Ok ima be real life with you....
your a Jr in college your just moving out your parents house. like have fun your going to meet so many girls and have fun and im sure later on in life youll find that right person that it wont matter too!
Im 21 and if my boyfriend told me that he had genital psoriasis the first day we met it really wouldnt have mattered one bit! and youll find that one day it all comes with time! good luck and congrats on all the good news
Do not bear any shame with the way you are.  There is even one advantage you didn't know you had.  

Let me tell ya what i mean.

My boyfriend's psoriasis never mattered at all to me. He has it elsewhere on his body too so I knew when I met him that he had Psoriasis. . I could see it. . Never thought anything of it. Whats there to think really?? It's harmless. It's not gross. . It's not dangerous..  or contagious..  There's really no reason for you to be bothered about it.  It doesn't matter. Especially when a girl is going to like you for You! And it won't matter to her either.

The benefit that can come along with this is actually going to surprise you.

Regular oral sex can improve your genital psoriasis. I can testify to the claim personally. I do not have psoriasis, but my boyfriend does. We've been together for years.  I'd say on average I perform oral sex on him for at least 10-15 hours per week. There may be days in between sessions. We have both noticed over the course of the past year, that his psoriasis on genitals clears up really well following our sessions. It's true that if we are apart for several days at a time, it flares back up again, worsening the longer the we're apart.

Thought I'd share my experience to back up the claim. If you are suffering from genital psoriasis, may luck be with you in finding the right girl. :)
Thank you for your response to the post, I understand where your coming from, and i see the points you make. The fact that you are women making these statements to me. MEANS A LOT... i have never openly discussed what have with anyone else especial women. SO again, hearing this from the opposite sex, I didn't expect a reply such as the one you gave me. AND for that i want to thank you. it really means a lot that you said what you said. You have given me hope, and a reason to hold my head up higher then before.
Thank you for your input, as well as sharing your own personal experiences. It really inspires hope in me. And like i said to the other person that commented on this post of mine. The fact that you are also a member of the opposite sex. It really means a lot..., seriously, i wasn't expecting it all. just goes to show you how much interaction i have with women. like i said in my post i dont openly discuss my condition to anyone besides doctors. So its very hard for me to openly discuss this issue. But reading your comments, opened me, in a way, that made me realize that their are people in this world who can accept others openly, their bad and good. Which Im happy to say now, i can see this with your comments. But i know its going to be hard for me to act on this information. But knowing of other people living with this, and having healthy relationships means a lot. SO again THANK YOU.