Sexual Health Community
What is the truth about masturbation in men?

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Masturbation has been linked to prostate cancer in recent articles while searching on google.Also, the articles have confused a lot of people giving a terrible shock to all of us.What is excessive masturbation?Many of students masturbate daily. Is there any figure about how much times one should masturbate?Is masturbating daily in 20's cause prostate cancer?I have found really confusing answers on google where one article says it is harmful for masturbating daily while other considers it oppsite that daily masturbation has no bad effect on our health.Whom to trust? And, Lastly sorry for posting questions about it "In 2009, the UK Government joined the Netherlands and other European nations in encouraging teens to masturbate at least daily."So, this charter asks teens to masturbate daily?Is it correct? What should be the age of such teens to masturbate daily? This is what I found on wikipedia.Is it trustworthy to masturbate daily from article? I hope this is the only place where I can get trusted answers from the coursera community and instructor. And also, if one masturbates daily and if in conclusion(just saying it) it is bad for our health then what should such person do in order to avoid it?
What happens if masturbates daily?
I masturbate daily.
Hi as you have found many conflicting reports on masurbating, well in that case I should have a prostate by now, I woul think masturbating 2/3 times a week would be best, as over masteurbating can run men and young men down and then they get ED.
Look if you think its not doing you any good, men who have porn enduced ED are advised to take 8 weeks off, that refraining from all forms of sex for 8 weeks, this gives the body time to reboot, and could ony help you then if you think your over doing it.
Good Luck
I read an article on the study you referred to and what come to my mind is correlation does not equal causation. Just because two things happen together doesn't make them cause related. For example guys who masterbate more may naturally have more hormones. This increase in hormones may be the cause of the prostate issues not the masterbation (masturbation) itself. It could also be that in societies where there is higher masterbation (masturbation) there is more indulgence in other societal things like fast food consumption.  It may also mean that guys who don't masterbate frequently (which would be the minority) take better care of themselves. It is something that warrants more studies but is not in any way conclusive.

Most of the research I've seen states that it is a health, normal, immune boosting, stress reducing thing. If you were up to say 3-6 times a day, then I would say you may want to cut back, but once a day is pretty standard.

If you are really worried than maybe cut back to every second day, but I wouldn't cut it out altogether as I think that would be far more detrimental to your physical health, and mental health as well.

If masterbation (masturbation) in your 20's was a sure fire way to get prostate cancer - almost every man would have prostate cancer, and they don't. Population studies like these are important for further exploration but people tend to misread them and journalists vying for a headline exploit them.

I would say you are perfectly normal, and if you are really worried about cancer risk than lead a healthy lifestyle and exercise and that will counteract any negative cancer risks associated with masterbation (masturbation).