Sexual Health Community
What is this vaginal lump? HELP!

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

What is this vaginal lump? HELP!

It just so happens that one of my labia majora (whatever the term for outer labia is) has a very uncomfortable lump on it. It started after (or possibly even before) I had sexual intercourse. He tried to fondle me and I almost didn't want him to, but I eventually let him. (I was aroused at the time, but I was also tightening my butt muscles to stop him from fingering me from behind. My predicament was odd, so I suppose that's when I felt an odd sensation in my lower regions, perhaps that was possibly the start of the gland in my labia becoming blocked with fluid?) But he didn't use a condom so maybe that's the cause? Although, he did bump my anal area a little before entering, so maybe from some anal bacteria? Anyway, I just really hope it's not from some sort of STD...

Anyway, I did research some possibilities of what my lump could be, and when I came across "bartholin cyst" I read that it's best to have that cyst drain so, it's ideal to take some hot baths. Well, whatever my lump is has already drained (a puss like substance along with a little blood). So, since it's drained quite a bit, is that a good sign? I took a warm/hot shower, being careful to let the stream hit my problem area and afterward, I also put some neosporin on it to keep it from getting infected, I just hope it's not too late. At least I put the neosporin on before 12 hours (I put it on the same day).

So... what i'm wondering is mainly, what could my worrisome lump might be and what could I do about it? Is it a good thing that it already started to drain? I don't know what to do. I'm 22 and I think this is the first time this has happened to me. I live in a secluded area with a clinic, so I can't just go and see a doctor. If i had to see a doctor I'd have to take a plane to the nearest hospital and I really don't want to do that, since my problem is so embarrassing and I'm afraid to tell my family... Please help as soon as you can. Thanks!