Sexual Health Community
Where's the love

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Where's the love

I am a 25 year old female. I just recently got married. My husband and i have been together for almost 3 years. We both take medication for depression. I know that a side effect for many antidepressants is decrease in sex drive. My husband takes Zoloft, and I take Celexa. My husbands sex drive is gone. He is in the mood maybe once or twice a month. I know that he can't help it, but I feel neglected. I tell him that I need some contact at least once a week, but this is a stab straight to his manhood. I feel bad for this and I feel sexually frustrated. I have been thinking about talking to my doctor to see if I could possibly take Zoloft instead of Celexa and it might decrease my sex drive down to my husbands level so we don't have this problem. What should I do? I am desperate for advise!
Can he take Celexa to bring his level up to yours?
I went thew a loooong period of time were I had no sex drive, but my husband was really patient with me and never pushed the issue.  I orignally lost it when we were trying to get preg. and it became something we had to do, like laundry! Then homones durning preg. made me even more lacking in the "love department", then a baby, and 4,5,6 years went by and sex was just not on the menu.  Found out that my thyroid was off, still nothing then on night it happened it just consumed me.  I would try to see if the hormones are off thyroid, testosterone-and belive it or not men actually have estogen!  You can try one of those supplements they have on TV.  There one thing that might also help, there are diffrent ways to share intamacy-cuddling, holding,massage,holding hands playing strip poker.  Reasure him that he still a "man" you love him for better or worse, sickness and health, taking the pressure off sex and focus on how you can make each other feel good and happy.  I am sure that he is suffering a blow to his ego and that with the medication and stress can make it hard to give the attention to the sexual part of a relationship. Be happy, love uncontrolably and see a doctor.
celexa  and  zoloft both will cause this..there ssri,s  anti depression meds..eith one o=f you should not have a sex drive..i was on celexa  4 days and i couldnt..i could but it took  to long..it kills the drive,.,.theres older meds trhat wont cause this...or ask your doc to put yo on lamictail..it has no weight gain or sex effects...but you have to start at a low dose. theres a black box warring on it,..you can go google it..lamictail..its used for bipolar  deppreshion but they use it alot!!!!    good luck