Why do I get Urinary Tract Infections after having sex?
My boyfriend and I have been going out for a year, we dont have sex very often because everytime I have sex with him a couple of days later I end up with a Urinary Tract Infection.  This has never happened with any of my other relationships.  Is it him? Or could I be allergic to his bodily fluids.  All I know is it is not fun for me.
Do you urinate after sex? The grinding against your genitals during intercourse can often push dirt/debris/etc into your urethra, triggering the infection. Try to make it a habit to urinate after sex.
often UTI's can happen when bacteria from the anal area comes in contact with the urethra.  theis can happen in many ways...   but the general rule is once anything touches the anus it does not go back in the vagina until it has ben well cleaned.  this also can happen if you are in the "doggy style" position and you add lube by putting it in the crack of the buttocks and letting it flow down past the anus to the vaginal area.