Sexual Health Community
anal sex

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

anal sex

recently my fiance has wanted to have anal sex. On the occassions that we have done it, afterwards he has put his penis back in my vagina. I have heard that this can cause infections in the vagina and i was wanting to know what kind of infections, and whether i should go and get tested? Can they cause infertility? Would i have symptoms if i did have an infection?
I have heard that it can cause really bad yeast infections etc. and it's just not very sanitary.
You can get an ecoli infection.  It's caused by feces and other bacteria found in the rectum entering your vagina and urinary tracked. It can be very painful and dangerous, even life threatening if not treated.  You should never go from your rectum to vagina during sex.
I have heard people say that if you engage in anal sex, you should have your partner use a condom for that and then he can remove it when having regular intercourse. Sounded like a good idea to me.
There's no way that putting his penis into your vagina after it was in your anus is a healthy, safe, clean, or in any way good idea.
If you got an infection from it, you'd know it. And while it's not exactly a great idea, it's certainly not gonna kill you. If you have no symptoms, don't worry about it. In the future, make sure he either washes in between, or uses a condom (and switches to a new condom for vaginal) as someone else suggested.
Never ever go back and forth!!!! In fact, don't have anal sex without using a condom. I doubt you'd get an infection that would cause infertility, but anal yeast infections, vaginal yeast infections, and BV infections alone should be reason enough not to be back and forth. If you had an infection, yes you would probably have symptoms. Your doctor will probably tell you to come back only if you notice unusual discharge, burning or itching, or an odour.