Sexual Health Community
brown semen

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

brown semen

Hi, I'm a 35 yr old male,active & healthy. Recently i was with my new girlfriend, and we just kissed alot, and at the end of the night i went home with blue balls, bad, lol. I had a long ride home. When i got home i actually masturbated, and noticed a very small(almost un-noticeable)amount of red in my semen. I thought that this may be from the blue balls. The next day i masturbated again, and there was more color(more brown color)in my semen, but no pain. I masturbated for the past 2 days but the brown color is still in my semen. I checked a few websites, and they said that this is most likely the cause of a blood vessel that has broke, and the blood has mixed with the semen. I'm very active working out 4-5 days a week,eat good, drink lots of fluids, and no pain when i urinate either. Any ideas? It's been about 5 days since it started. Should I give it another week to clear up?
My boyfriend was telling me he experienced this a while back. Is it when you pee too? If so it may be that you're getting too much protein? I think he said and your kidneys are getting over-loaded. He also works out alot and is a health nut, good food, lots of fluids, protein shakes. Try cutting back on that and see if it helps. It worked for him
Actually, yes, as a matter of fact I have been on a strict high protein diet for the past month or so. 6 meals a day including chicken, tuna, veggies, protein shakes...Have seen a big difference in the muscle increase, never thought that it would have a effect on the kidneys. Will look into that, thanks. Just seems like a co-insidence with the brown colored semen since i had the blue balls. Thought that that was the main cause of it, with what i've read on other sites. Any other suggestions? Thanks so much Buttercuppy! ;)
man you get it checked properly semen when mixes with the blood vessels can cause hypersensitivity reaction. the body can synthesize antibodies against the sperm cells if so has happened. and they can kill the sperm cells and you can never be able to produce pregency. dont mean to scare you just check it out
About a year ago I posted the question "Hepatitis C Symptom?" with this text:
---

My semen turned brown.  Bummer.

I went to my regular doctor and he referred me to a urologist.  

Fortunately, I'm in a Union that puts me into an excellent HMO, this in turn is linked up with excellent specialists.  The urologist told me that this condition is basically a case of calming the patient down because as the web site says, bloody semen is almost never a sign of a serious underlying medical problem.  In fact, the only thing he mentioned as a possibility is prostate cancer, which is not happening in my case.  I brought him my latest CBC (Complete Blood Count from 7 months ago), so he was able to look at that information too.   I asked him if this new development meant that my Hepatitis C was more likely to be transmitted to a sexual partner, and he told me that he couldn't answer that question, and that I should ask my liver specialist.  He did say that because blood in the semen has never shown to be a symptom of an underlying problem there hasn't been much testing done on it.  

Later, I contacted my liver specialist and asked about sexual transmission.  The next day a nurse called back to tell me that no, the blood in the semen is part of a different bodily system, and has nothing to do with the Hep C.  Those weren't her exact words, but she was communicating what the liver specialist told her:  Blood in the semen (brown semen) is no more likely to transmit Hep C than regular semen.  This confuses me since I always thought that blood is blood and since one's blood carries Hep C, blood in semen should carry the Hep C; but the liver specialist said "no".   My wife of many many years never got Hep C from me, so I guess sex is pretty safe.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!  Hope it helps.  I know most men can't afford afford to contact all the doctors I did.  Because of my union, all this medical attention cost me nothing.

---

Now it's about a year later and the semen is turning back to normal just like the doc said was most likely.

The moral to this story is don't worry about blood in your semen (blood in urine is another story!), and join a union if you can.

hj
Mate I am the same age and I am experiencing the same thing but married,I must admit it has spun me out a bit. I haven't  shaged any other chicks so I have rulled out an STD.

After reading these other posts it seams that burst blood vassels may well be cause.
Lately (on the very odd accation when all the planets are aligned lol) when we have sex the viabrating dic ring comes out that is designed to where at the base of the penis,this creates a build up of blood the keep the oldfella alert but must also put alot of pressure on the jatzcrackers.This is something we have only been doing it lately,
Any input on this would be good
me and my partner recently had sex and after i noticed his sperm was brown does it meen he has a burst blood vessel and if so is theit anything he need to do about it?
Hi I am a 15 year old virgin and when I ejaculate it has come out a red and brown colour - what should I do?

See a Dr.