brown streak i semen after ejaculation
what causes brown streaks in semen after intercourse?
About a year ago I posted the question "Hepatitis C Symptom?" with this text:
---

My semen turned brown.  Bummer.

I went to my regular doctor and he referred me to a urologist.  

Fortunately, I'm in a Union that puts me into an excellent HMO, this in turn is linked up with excellent specialists.  The urologist told me that this condition is basically a case of calming the patient down because as the web site says, bloody semen is almost never a sign of a serious underlying medical problem.  In fact, the only thing he mentioned as a possibility is prostate cancer, which is not happening in my case.  I brought him my latest CBC (Complete Blood Count from 7 months ago), so he was able to look at that information too.   I asked him if this new development meant that my Hepatitis C was more likely to be transmitted to a sexual partner, and he told me that he couldn't answer that question, and that I should ask my liver specialist.  He did say that because blood in the semen has never shown to be a symptom of an underlying problem there hasn't been much testing done on it.  

Later, I contacted my liver specialist and asked about sexual transmission.  The next day a nurse called back to tell me that no, the blood in the semen is part of a different bodily system, and has nothing to do with the Hep C.  Those weren't her exact words, but she was communicating what the liver specialist told her:  Blood in the semen (brown semen) is no more likely to transmit Hep C than regular semen.  This confuses me since I always thought that blood is blood and since one's blood carries Hep C, blood in semen should carry the Hep C; but the liver specialist said "no".   My wife of many many years never got Hep C from me, so I guess sex is pretty safe.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!  Hope it helps.  I know most men can't afford afford to contact all the doctors I did.  Because of my union, all this medical attention cost me nothing.

---

Now it's about a year later and the semen is turning back to normal just like the doc said was most likely.

The moral to this story is don't worry about blood in your semen (blood in urine is another story!), and join a union if you can.

hj