foul smelling semen
my husbands semen smells really bad,and it makes me smell. He is having a problem keeping an erection and when he ejaculates it smells fishy. I has gone to a doctor and they gave him pills for ED but he would tell the doctor about the smell. Could he have something wrong with his prostate?
Yes there could be, but it can also be some sort of infection. If you can't get him to tell the doctor then I would do it myself. Men are just not as open about their sexual health issues as us women are.
agreed.     but some people do just natrually smell foul, but if ed is going along with it i think there is an underlieing issue
Anthing unusual in his diet? Excessive alcohol? Drugs, Etc.???
Poor personal hygene can result in foul smelling semen. The fish-like smell is an indication that alot of smegma can be heaping up just under the penis head. Daily cleaning helps alot. Also, digesting sweet fruits/juices greatly improves the smell/taste of semen. (according to my gf)

Hi.

About the semen:
- is it yellow?

Because if he has something wrong with his prostate then his semen could possibly be yellow.
Also, as people here already said, it could be (generally is) an infection. I suggest your husband go get tested for STDs AND you do the same! Both of you MUST take the tests and get treated (if you have something) in order to avoid a reinfection. Yes, it could be due to inadequate hygene (but not exactly because semen comes from inside of you not from the outside). About the excessive drugs/alcohol use, as far as I know it doesn't affect your semen, only your urine.

See you.
you know id like to add on to all of this.,. im 14 and i have a masturbating issue cuz its outrageously addicting and a seem to have the fowl oder too but its not right away. after i wait say maybe an hour or 2 it smells fishy. do any of u think this could just only be an issue of hygene? also just to add supporting info, i masturbate maybe twice a day and once if im not in a mood and also i get abdominal aches every once and a while after i  masturbate.
If your husband takes vitamins and or herbs that can also be the cause.
Right, DD, especially VIT B complex. Also, something like asperagus. Have you ever been stunned by the smell of urine after eating the latter?

But it sounds like he has other problems too, and I agree with the poster who told you to mention this to his doctor. On Revolution Health there is a forum , one called 'ask the doctor' and another about men's health. A Dr. Sherger could answer your question for sure.
Hello Kat,
"after eating the latter" I read it fast and first thought it said LITTER! LOL :-)
This can be confusing but really quite simple. Has there been a change in the odor of the semen from what you two were used to? If so, is it sour, like a band aid that's been over a cut and the skin turns white and the band aid/cut develops a nasty smell? Semen can smell similar to that if there is an internal infection. UTI which really means urinary tract/bladder/etc. Simple to fix. Not considered an STD I don't believe.
Because it's caused by bacteria and not a virus the treatment is a specific type of antibiotic that wipes out bacteria. (cipro etc.) Powerful, dangerous stuff. Can cause tendon strain and heel tendon danger while medicated.
A Doctor must prescribe the right dose, so a trip to the Urgent Care Center or your DR is the ONLY way. Don't EVER even think about self prescribing this stuff!! (walk ins are ok in such places, best to go mid afternoon if possible, 2ish to avoid lunch/rush hours. Just research Urinary Tract infections and you will find all the info. Good luck and the cure is easy! Prevention includes urinating before and after sex and not sitting around in sweaty clothes, don't soak in tubs if possible..(if he is hurt and needs to soak in epsom salts/baths, hot tubs etc. just throw a condom on at least on the top part, and soak away the aches and pains. Simply keep junior's top part covered though in those hot baths/hot tubs etc. Bacteria getting in the urethra is what causes these infections I believe.
now there is two days that i smell semen on my body especially chest even if we re not in love with my husband . wht can be this , the smell bother me really
Guess what ladies I don't care who on the Internet is saying its you it's not I have a husband and a boyfriend my husbands in 18 years has never made my v j j smell only the boyfriends semen does.  And still does it isn't me so lets get this diagnosed right what is the deal with some guys semen   My husband used to eat more red meat and tat still never made that rotten odor   He eats less now but it doesn't matter.    The boyfriend does eat more red meat though
my semen has a sour pepperish smell to it and is sticker than usual and if i dont wash well i have a fishy ordor for awhile i try different things to try to make my penis smell better i have to wear a condom when making love to my wife because i dont want her to get this smell on her i am not sure if this could be some kind of infection or my sperm just became sticky please some suggestion
I have a strong smell associated with my semen and I think it's because I have been taking large doses of arginine for quite a while.  I am off the arginine and other supplements now too.  I was taking pycnogenol for a while just before this strong smell made its appearance too.
My husband takes lots of vitamins and drinks plenty of water, he claims that the smell has been there since day one.. Of first orgasm sometimes it faint but here lately very strong like bleach.. Could it be normal or a bacteria infection.
With my last boyfriend,the first time we ever had sex, I noticed that when he ejaculated his *** smelled so God awful!! I couldn't stand the smell, it didn't smell like bleach or like fish! It smelled like something that I could not even begin to try to explain to you guys!! Is that normal or could something be wrong?? I never knew seamen could smell so bad!! My last 2 boyfriends before this one, didn't ever have that problem, theirs always smelled normal Can anybody help me out nd tell me what that could be from, nd if it's something I need to worry about nd go get myself checked out or something?? I'm not a very sexually active person so this is all new to me nd also is why I'm asking!
I've had fishy smelling semen which burns the tip of my penis when I ejaculate for over 30yrs. Been to Doctors, Hospitals and Clap clinics, had camera up my penis numerous times. Been married 4 times and have passed the smell onto my 4 partners who have also been tested for all sorts but to no avail. recently had a sperm sample sent to pathology lab at local hospital for tests which took 4 weeks to get results and are negative. I wash my penis morning and evening regardless and after sex but my willy always smells of fish immediately after washing, the smell never goes away. Any suggestions anyone?
Try taking Amazing Grass Wheat Grass supplements. They contain high levels of chlorophyll and deodorize your body internally. They have a lot of other great health benefits as well.