SEXUAL HEALTH
COMMUNITY
foul smelling semen
by txwoman81, Feb 13, 2008
my husbands semen smells really bad,and it makes me smell. He is having a problem keeping an erection and when he ejaculates it smells fishy. I has gone to a doctor and they gave him pills for ED but he would tell the doctor about the smell. Could he have something wrong with his prostate?
Member Comments (14)
by jml1986, Feb 13, 2008
Yes there could be, but it can also be some sort of infection. If you can't get him to tell the doctor then I would do it myself. Men are just not as open about their sexual health issues as us women are.
by Captain_Rit, Feb 13, 2008
agreed.     but some people do just natrually smell foul, but if ed is going along with it i think there is an underlieing issue
by HockeyShark, Feb 23, 2008
Anthing unusual in his diet? Excessive alcohol? Drugs, Etc.???
by lee1604, Mar 24, 2008
Poor personal hygene can result in foul smelling semen. The fish-like smell is an indication that alot of smegma can be heaping up just under the penis head. Daily cleaning helps alot. Also, digesting sweet fruits/juices greatly improves the smell/taste of semen. (according to my gf)

by Zilian, Mar 25, 2008
Hi.

About the semen:
- is it yellow?

Because if he has something wrong with his prostate then his semen could possibly be yellow.
Also, as people here already said, it could be (generally is) an infection. I suggest your husband go get tested for STDs AND you do the same! Both of you MUST take the tests and get treated (if you have something) in order to avoid a reinfection. Yes, it could be due to inadequate hygene (but not exactly because semen comes from inside of you not from the outside). About the excessive drugs/alcohol use, as far as I know it doesn't affect your semen, only your urine.

See you.
by al259, Dec 12, 2008
you know id like to add on to all of this.,. im 14 and i have a masturbating issue cuz its outrageously addicting and a seem to have the fowl oder too but its not right away. after i wait say maybe an hour or 2 it smells fishy. do any of u think this could just only be an issue of hygene? also just to add supporting info, i masturbate maybe twice a day and once if im not in a mood and also i get abdominal aches every once and a while after i  masturbate.
by deepdiver, Dec 12, 2008
If your husband takes vitamins and or herbs that can also be the cause.
by katarina777, Dec 12, 2008
Right, DD, especially VIT B complex. Also, something like asperagus. Have you ever been stunned by the smell of urine after eating the latter?

But it sounds like he has other problems too, and I agree with the poster who told you to mention this to his doctor. On Revolution Health there is a forum , one called 'ask the doctor' and another about men's health. A Dr. Sherger could answer your question for sure.