herpes or Yeast infection????
With my last two periods I have had symptoms similar to a yeast infection but they have gone away as my period ended. There has been a rash that is really itchy and discharge that is whitish and thick. All research I have done says it's either yeast infection or herpes. I have only had sex with my husband but have messed around with one other guy that there was some genital contact but it was 3 and half years ago. Both times (my last two periods) the problem has gone away on its on. This time I noticed a single red bump outside the outer lips but it was several days after the itching  began so I don't know if it was there before or a result of the scratching. No puss or fluid has come out of it. i started using vagsil which has helped greatly but the red bump is still there, but getting smaller. Since i've never had a yeast infection I'm worried it might be herpes because of the bump, I am also on oral birth control and under great stress the past year and those are both listed with causes of yeast. any help? I'm to scared to go to the doctor or talk to my husband about something other than a yeast infection. If it could be herpes, why now? and why has it only occurred with my last two periods and then gone away on its own? any similar situations???
A swab would tell you the difference.  You might want to go to the doctor and get a proper diagnosis.