how can i STOP masterbating???
i am really really sick and tried from my sexual habits.
i  started materbating when i was 14 now i am 15 years old
i really want to quit masterbating because its freaky and i am not capable for doing like i am just 15 years old so its so early for me.
every day i promise to self that i will not do masterbating today but when i m think of girl i just start masterbating..
can you help and can you telll me some good ways to stop masterbating
PLEASE SOME ONE HELP!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
just keep your hands out of your pants and when you begin to feel the urge, pull out a national geographic magazine or some article with some sad images (like the poor starving, struggling, famine stricken inhabitants in 3rd world countries) and i think that should do the trick
14-15 is not a young age to start. just dont over do it.. id suggest 3 times a week and you'd be safe from most prostate infections. and yes use the national geographic magazine trick. i have no idea if it would work for you.. but give it a try
Im a 23 year old female. I have a problem. I masterbate at least 10 timesa day i work 2 jobs also. so leaves little time for anything else. any suggestions to how to help me quit. by the way i dont fantasize about anyone i just do it. is there any help for me???? Im at a loss!!!!!
My boyfriend still does it continuously and it is a pain, he constantly touches and wants touched - some things never change - age and gender doesn't matter.
Hey, Ive been masturbating or about 5 years now, im 14, when i was 10, (not the smartest of children) i looked down in the bath tub and started to 'play' not knowing what i was doing, the after math felt good, so i started to do it during every bath. the next year, after doing it every week, i came to find out what i was doing. I wanted to stop, but it came to be so addicting. The years went on, now here i am, at 14 years of age, doing it at least once a day, or sometimes more, its irritating me, i really do not want to do it, and i know that some doctors suggest that its a normal thing to do, blah blah blah, but i dont care if its normal, i dont wanna be hanging with my friends and then all of a sudden get the urge to do 'it' I wanna continue my athletic life with out getting an erection and having to fake an injury to sit out to cover it up, ive tried to quite multiple times, i pretty much try to quit after every time i do it, but it gets so addicting that its a naturally planned out time in my life, and it gets harder to stop, because every time i plan on stopping i say to myself im gonna stop and if i dont, them ___________ will happen, (_______ is a different consequence or something like that) But now when i say that its harder to believe my self because i all wasy forget about ti and masturbate.  

I posted this because i heard someone say that talking about ti and coming out with it helps you stop. I hope it works, but i would greatly appreciate it if you gave me some advice on how to stop, without saying "oh its normal" and things like that. As i said before, i dont care if its normal, all i care about is stopping,

Thanks for reading, and helping.
-Steven
you can ONLY prevent this habit of chronic masturbation thru religious/spiritual power.. no other way
i wouldnt be writing if i wasnt once an adict of masterbating...id like to say the will be no specific way that will make you quit it believe..this is not a human thought game but a plan part of God...this might not be the solution but i urge u to try suggest everytime when you put your hands in your pants think of how will you feel after,somehow you will try to justify how you will feel,well thats a main trick about masterbating immediately when you try to justify it think of the person you respect the mos
I started masturbating when I was 8...And continued though marriage...And still do at age 66..
All this time I never felt this to be an addiction...I learned very young in life that its very normal...God gave all men a hormone testosterone..Which aids in reproduction...Without this
procreation would not happen...Try not to stress over this...And don't think masturbation is
Unhealthy...

Okay everybody chill, masturbating is very normal. An average boy starts masturbating at the age of 11. Some start sooner rather than later. None of you should feel ashamed or nasty for doing it, maturbating is a normal part of life for an adolescent boy. If you want to stop doing it then that is fine, but do not feel nasty or dirty for doing it, it is perfectly normal.
i know what ur going through cuz i do it to & idk if it is abnormal to masterbait ,but the answer in my opinion is is tottaly normal. C im 11 ,but i always think i feel nasty after doing it...everybody on this forum (if they do it) probably thinks it 2 . I REELY feel ur pain if ur trying to stop ,I know cuz iv'e tried to stop ,but it's so pleasuring & addicting I cant ,it takes so much will power. I want to stop so if u could give any good suggjestions on how to stop i'd appretiate it if u would post them. :)
it is normal and you do not need to stop. masturbating is better than the alternative at this young age. by this i mean going out and getting a girlfriend, getting her pregnant or picking up a STD. so, do not feel bad because it is normal for teenagers when your hormons are starting up and you are still too young to control them. focus on being a good person and studying at school to have a good future and do not worry about this. it is normal and better than wasting time with a girlfriend that you might get pregnant.
If any-one wants to stop masturbate, there is only one way, become religious, read holly books, Avoid every thing which spoil ur mind, Divert your mind in anything which sound interesting to you(Other than this).
Im a 45 yr ole man who started doin it around 10 and still do it. Ive been married ovver 20 yrs and have 3 kids. What im trying to say is u young people need to give ur selves a break. Its normal. But if u want to quit then try doin it less to start. It takes a male awhole of self disciplene to quit this. Also someone said they hope it might help to talk about it. Well it always helps to talk about something, thats why this board is here. So just relax un men and tryur best. God Bless
I've heard that doing some kind of physical activity especially aerobic when you are thinking about masturbation helps alot.  It helps release similar endorphins plus it tires you out. give it a try.  With all respect, religion is not the only way to stop, but may help people with intense belief, otherwise it just causes more guilt.
I am a woman and I feel like I am very strange because I have been masturbating since I was six or seven years old.  I was a late bloomer and I didn't hit puberty till I was in high school, so I don't understand why I wanted to masturbate so much? I didn't realize what I was doing till I got older.  I would orgasm around ten times every session.   It drains me, and makes me have less drive. It makes men ugly to me, or it makes me just view them as sex objects.  But I am not promiscuous because I have only had two partners in the past and I don't even own a dildo.  I don't even need to fantasize or anything (although it is greater pleasure if I do).   What is wrong with me?  I am now in my mid twenties.   Sex has been much better as far a pleasure goes, in comparison to masturbating, but emotionally, masturbating gives me higher satisfaction.   After either, I feel dirty and drained.  I want to master my sexual energy and stop masturbating.  I would like to be in control, but I want to masturbate all the time, at work, when I am sitting around people, and right now!!!  That is why I am writing this.  

It is not good to masturbate.   Ever since I first had sex, I have masturbated way more, after getting divorced and through emotional trauma.
I want to find someone good to share my life with but I know that I need to be disciplined and a better person myself, in order to find someone who measures up to my standards.  Plus, I feel masturbating makes me less attractive.  I get more compliments and attention when I don't masturbate.  I want to masturbate all the time.  When I was a little girl, I even masturbated in class a few times!  
It is hard to go a week without doing this.  Any help from women?
Just to add, in the past when I stopped masterbating for a few months, prayer really helped and also more intellectual stimulation such as reading about serious issues.  For me, exercise just makes me more turned on.  Right after I run, I will feel relaxed but a few hours later, I am even more turned on.  Or the next day too.
Firstly I would liek to say, i sturggle with this jsut like you... and all I can say its mental and spiritual focus that can help you get away... the following is jsut how I understand this addiction and truly meant to help people who are troubled with this.

#1. Success comes from failure
#2. Understand how you fail ... (ex. see something erotic online/tv... click to get there via mouse/remote and before you know it .. your hands are in your pants and your about to finish...
#3. Try to understand that hunger you have created in yourself...
Next time you watch porn, try and make sure you dont even touch yourself at all.
The hardest part is to watch and not touch.. cause once you start your hooked on.. At this time you can truly see how your body sends signals to your brain telling it to forget about critical thought and how before you wanted to quit but now its the last thing on your mind. Try and limit the time, and w.e you do after your time limit as expired.. RUN AWAY haha, but escape or turn of that browser and go for a quick walk...till u feel u have self control again.
#4. Prayer is always good for guidance and help. Only the Lord can forgive you and help you grow away from addictions.
#5. We all make mistakes, sometimes you might fail repeatedly.. but the main thing is to understand how you failed previously and try to not follow the same path like before.
#6. Masterbation is contreversal. but really its a childish behavior.. The faster you grow away from it the faster you grow to be an adult of self control.
#7. The main message here is to truly understand how you keep on making the same mistake. no matter what it is.. masterbation... drugs.. alchohol... food... w.e.   If you truly feel bad about what you do then you must understand how you continue to fail.. and if u dont wish to make progress about how you keep on failing.. well.. all i can say you have a very long way to go.
The fact of the matter is masturbation and sex is a necessity, something that is absolutely needed in a humans life, so it cannot be directly cut out like most addictions, like you would whiskey or heroin.
Even if you look at abstinence short term, the fact is, you need masturbation to be well and healthy, so considering that, makes this a really hard addiction to overcome.

I would advise looking into finding an addiction counsellor and learning coping skills to help fight "addiction". Sometimes the only way is distractions, and taking it one day at a time.
If you schedule yourself to work out for a few hours, at least you know there will be no time for it then.
What you need to do is find a balance. It's just like failed diets - if you promise to never ever ever eat again, you will obviously fail because food is something you need in life. You have to accept you will need some masturbation comfort. The key to getting over it lies within that, and coming to terms that its not immoral, disgusting and horrible - it is natural. Then you take little steps at a time. Perhaps set up a schedule: for example say, i will masturbate only three times today, lessen it until you create a healthy balanced schedule, and find other things to occupy your time. NEVER GO COLD TURKEY especially for an addiction of such alliance you NEED to survive, or you WILL ALWAYS FAIL.

Sexual energy is the most powerful energy we have. It can be converted into mental energy and utilize it to build up mental health, thus improving the whole life.
For this you can take help of Kundalini yoga, Taoist yoga, Pranayam, Root lock, abdominal locks, and throat locks, Ashwinin mudra,
Search the words like Sat kriya, kegel exercises, or visit  anmolmehta.com. You will find methodw to generate sexual energy and channel it in the right path. Spending half an hour a day is enough to control your sexual urge and convert it into mental energy. Spend some time in finding things you want fro the above sites or the words I have mentioned. You will enjoy sex and you will have no regret for sexual excesses. Just a deep and slow breathing will bring you calmness and the urge will dramiatically reduced. It is a challenging work but quite interesting. Few acupressure points can also help you
All you need in your life is Jesus.....accept the fact what he did at the cross and it's no more you that have to carry this burden....he already won the battle and you don't have to battle it. when ever you think of master bating just pray.... it worked for me and my friends so it gotta work for you too. Jesus is the answer.....in the bible is says to put the armor of salvation....the meaning of that is the devil first comes to your mind than takes action. if you get a dirty thought in your head....then start praying, it will go away from you. resist the devil and he will flee from you, that's what the bible says and that's the truth. Just believe in God and keep going in his ways..
This discussion was closed by the MedHelp Community Moderation team. If you have any questions please contact us
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.