Sexual Health Community
masturbation addiction

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

masturbation addiction

hello,

I'm addicted to masturbation and this is realy affecting my mood and my life. what should I do? can a psycologist or a psychiatrist help me?
A therapist of some sort (psychologist, social worker, psychotherapist, etc.) should be able to help you with this issue.  Since it is negatively impacting your life, you definitely need to see someone.  Try to find a therapist who clicks with you.  A CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) person might be a good place to start.  You could also see a psychiatrist who does therapy, but psychiatrists often focus on medication, and there aren't any good ones that I know of for addictions, especially sex-related addictions.

In the meantime, you could try to do something else to displace the masturbation.  Find an engaging activity that takes a lot of concentration, so that you won't be able to obsess as much about masturbating.  You could also try setting small goals to cut back (maybe, "I will masturbate 1 less time per day").  Keeping a log might also help, so you'll know if you start making improvements.

But you should definitely talk to a professional about it.

Hi Al, Chronic or over masturbating, is a big problem of which gives lots of side effects such as memorey loss, eye floaters, weight loss, muscle bulk loss, hair problems, skin problems, plus a few other things, so please before you go off spending your hard eared cash seeking help just try this, its an 8 week break from masturbating and any sexual contact, now you have not said if you are having any problems from your over masturbating, but if you are you may find that after 4 weeks you should stert getting your nocturnal erections back along with you morning woods, if this starts toi happen then we are turning things around, its rebooting your body and its healing it, but your biggest problem will be staying away from your penis, now during the day if you ever get the urg to masturbate just go and do something, if your at school dont go to the toilets keep away from and use them just to take a leak, go with a friend, any other time you getb the urg get with your folks or get somewhere public, but keep away from dark corners, somehow you need to make you penis area, a no go area, from now on you just us it for taking a leak and thats it.
See how you get on, anytime you need help PM me.
Good Luck
Hi Al soory just remember you are your best drug for self cure.
Good Luck
Thank you very much for you answer.
Hi al286,

Dont feel shy to visit any doc. Addiction can be easily cured.
A small dose of some meds would calm you and expose you to a more holistic frame of mind.

Even I have masturbation and substance addiction.
After popping a pill of modafinil, the mind feels much better.

Even though the effect of the pill is temporary, it exposes your mind to a better way of looking at yourself. Other things to do is to go out and force yourself to socialise. Hang out with people. This will help you.

Hope this helps.