morning after pill effectiveness
i had unprotected sex twice. first time was two days after the end of my period. i took the morning after pill 20 hours later. the second time was the day after i took the pill. in both cases, my boyfriend did not ejaculate anywhere near my vagina. what are my chances of getting pregnant?
Hi there,
For optimal efficacy emergency contraception should be started up to 3 days after unprotected sex with the first pill being taken as soon as possible and the second pill taken 12 hours late .The chances of you getting pregnant are very less. All you can do now is wait for your periods. Your periods may be slightly delayed or may occur little early than the expected date. If your menstrual period is delayed beyond 1 week, you may be pregnant. You should get a pregnancy test and follow up with a healthcare professional .Do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Best luck and regards!
thank you for your reply. i dont think i'm pregnant though i'm a bit concerned because i have had heavy bleeding for the past two days, even though my period is 2 weeks away. is this something i should worry about?