Sexual Health Community
my bf has a porn addiction and i dont know how to handle it. help!

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Ok so me and my bf have been together for about 8 months now and known eachother about 2 and a half years we recently just moved in together. I always knew that he use to watch porn but now that I live with him I have found out he still does it and pretty often. I finally confronted him about it and told him how I feel i cried so much telling him that it makes me feel worthless and that I'm not enough for him an he told me that he swears he will stop so I tried trusting him with it but then I went through his history on the computer and found he's still doing it I confronted him again and he just got angry and mad that I went through his stuff and said that the porn is just something convenient to do when he doesn't have the energy for sex and he's just use to watching it so I try and understand and tell myself that it's ok because I know that he loves me but every now and then I go through his stuff just to see if he watched it and he did and downloading new stuff and it tears me apart and I don't know what to do because I can confront him about it he just gets angry but I can't handle that it hurts too much and if he loves me why would he watch it knowing it hurts me? Is it normal? I also found pics of his ex and confronted him about that and he said it will stop but I can't trust him anymore he lies and swears things to me but keeps doing it I don't know what to do please help I love him more than anything an I would never leave him so I need to know how to get through this. Oh and we do have a good sex life we do pretty much on a daily basis I don't know why he needs porn. Can you help?
you knew he watch porn before yall got together so this shouldn't be something to new to argue about. if the sex life is great than the porn is not interfering with it, probably making it better. If I was you, don't worry so much about it but make sure your sex life remains great. If at any point he starts to watch porn way more than make love to you, then you really have a problem in your relationship.
yeah i did know that i just didnt know it was like an addiction for him and that he would still watch it after i moved in with him that why it bothers me so much idk why he needs that when im here. but yes our sex life is great theres no problem in that and he doesnt watch porn as much as he use to, i just want him to stop completely cause it really hurts me.
I don't see what the porn has to do with you.  I think you are overly sensitive.  All guys enjoy porn to some level.  I don't think making them feel guilty about it is helpful.  The fact you check his computer behind his back sounds creepy to me.  He should password protect it and find somebody less uptight.  
Ok that's your thoughts on it. It bothers me because I love him and I don't like that he looks at other girls naked and gets off by it maybe you just don't give a **** or maybe your not in a serious relationship? And I never use to check his stuff until found something by accident that started me not trusting him anymore so don't comment or give me advice if your just gonna say shot you don't know, gtfo my posts thank you.
Have you talked to him about it? Asked him if he feels 'addicted'? He may not view his watching porn as a big deal and you have to talk to him about this topic. Tell him that you don't like porn and that you feel hurt by him watching it. Then listen to what he has to say about it. Communication is very important in a relationship, so work on having open communication now. Though in the end, if he won't give it up, you have to make a decision. You either learn to live with it or you move on. Not every guy watches porn and some don't like it at all. I know my fiance never watches porn and neither do many of his friends. You want to be with someone whom you are compatible with, so make sure this is the right relationship for you.
Yes I have talked to him about it and to him its not really a big deal but I tell him that it still hurts me so we have been talking about it and he said that he really doesn't do it that much anymore an he is trying to stop and I believe that but I know it's going to take alot because wether he thinks it or not it's an addiction but were working throgh it I love this guy more than anything and aside from this problem we have a good relationship we have small other problems but this is the main one that I just can't stand but I'm not giving up because I know he's the one I'm meant to be with. I wish he was one of those guys that isn't into porn but I just have to find a way to get though this. Thank you sweetpea:)
but the point is the porn watching was hurting you before yall moved in together, the hurt is just stronger now because you see he's not going to stop and he probably never will unless you challenge him to not watch porn for like a month, and if he can't stop for a whole month, that is a sign of addiction. you can either help him thru the issue or move on but most likely he's not going to stop watching porn.
I could try that and see if he stops after a month I mean maybe it's not as bad as I think idk but if he doesn't stop then I'm just gonna have to keep trying cause moving on is not an option he means too much to me so maybe I'll challenge him to that and see what happens thank you for that advice:)
I agree with you girl I didn't know my fiance watched that or magazines said he would stop and hasn't. I went into my computer only to go into my history and find porn. It makes me feel insecure, hurt, and I'm not enough mind you that I'm a 38 D with a 30 inch waist and a tail that I love myself. It has interfered with our sex life,**** I'm only 32 and only get it once a week. This subject is touchy and if your negative don't post.
porn can be a progressive problem, best to stay away from it!