Sexual Health Community
overly sexual?

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

overly sexual?

this seems kinda dumb to ask but is it possible to be overly sexual? i dont sleep around or anything but in my past relationships sex was a huge part of it, i mean i love all the emotional sides of relationships too dont get me wrong but even after having sex possibly 15 minutes later i would want to again and if not i would be helping myself (sorry for being graphic) this happened alot even though sex was often. its embaressing for me to talk about but is this normal?
And I have forgotten to answer your first question - whether it is possible to be overly sexual etc.
In my opinion, some people can be "above average", but I wouldn´t call it a "disease" or something negative. Of course, we can have obsessions or compulsive behaviour related to anything (food, hygiene, habits etc...) and sex is not the exception. Personally, I don´t like the (pseudo)-diagnosis of so called "sex addiction".
As for hypersexuality, this term seems to be quite confusing and unclear, related to many different things. This diagnosis is not included it DSM IV (used in USA) but as far as I know it is still included in ICD (International Classification of Diseases, used mainly in Europe). But the criteria are quite unclear and "funny" (just my opinion)... According to those criteria I was cured from hypersexuality by my girlfriend who has a high sex drive, too, because my (hyper)-sexuality caused a lot of stress and problem before I met her and then from one day to the next I was miraculously cured because now I can have sex as often as I need, so there is not stress...:) We have sex twice a day and everything is fine.

"Sex is not the answer. It is the question. The answer is YES" :))
100% normal... my ex and I would call what you're describing as "round 2". ;)
lol yeah, i know but it almost seems like no matter what i do i dont get enough even after "round 2" lol even 3 or 4   O.o
maybe its something else bugging you that youre not satisfied with ?
that sounds like a good reason, i do fight with depression, and now that i think about it it could just be a weird way of stress relief or something, i dont ever talk about my feelings perhaps its my way of expressing myself possibly? sounds a bit goofy but what do you think?
I think it can be related to what you have suggested above - stress relief etc. Maybe a coping strategy. During sex / orgasms our brain creates quite a nice chemistry, something like "naturally created drugs" get released into our nervous system, so it makes a lot of sense.
As for depression, I´ve heard about some studies that show that there are two types of people - some people suffering from depression avoid sex and their libido is decreased because of depression while other depressive people use sex exactly in the way you described. Personally, I seem to belong to the seconds category too ("using" sex also as a coping strategy and sex is really VERY important for me...).
But I do not think that you are "abnormal" or that you should change something in your sexuality. It´s perfectly allright, especially if you have the opportunities to enjoy sex as you like it... When I was sexually frustrated, I used to "use" alcohol in order to cope with stress, and now I think that sex is much better - and mostly harmless:)- remedy than alcohol.
Good luck!

thanks alot for your imput! i used to have sex 3-5 times a day when i was engaged a while back (like 3-4 years) it was great, but anyways thanks again