penis problem
i am 24 yr old male.my smegma under my foreskin appears almost daily dese days.although i wash it everyday.what could be the reason?any thing to worry??
This is not necessarily harmful but it is not normal either. Is your foreskin too tight to retract?
no my foreskin is fine.but evry tym i go to urinate.i hv to clean up the smegma.
hope its nt sme std or smethin to wry.as it is i last got physical in march dis year
Hi Rik I think your just normal, if you live in a hot country? then thats your problem, and its a young man thing, as I got older it went away, but always found it worst in the English summer, and then it got less in the winter.
To me your just normal.
Good Luck
You should not have smegma unless you go for many days without washing. Men do NOT get smegma just because they are intact (have foreskin). It's usually very easy to keep an intact penis perfectly clean and completely odorless. Hot climate or not, it should take about a week of not washing before there is any smegma on your penis.

If it's accumulating in less than 24 hours, it is most likely because you're not washing well enough. When men aren't washing well, it's usually because the foreskin doesn't move back as easily as it should, so they aren't washing underneath it. Could that be your problem? Another possibility is that a yeast infection can cause skin proliferation that can make smegma form very quickly like you describe.
hey thanks..i jus googled and read bout the yeast infection .i guess its similar.but i last got physical in mar.i am under antiboitics .cud that be the reason?
Hi Rik how long have you been on antibiotics then, they should only be short term, 7 to 10 days max.
approx 10 days
Hi Rik, Had a look through my stuff and found this, it amy help you understand your problem.
Although far less common than sexual transmission, the other main cause of penile yeast infection is prolonged antibiotic use. The male body has a standard contingent of creatures that inhabit the crotch, and antibiotics can rid the body of the good ones, allowing the normally-occurring yeast to take over.
Hope this helps you.
Good Luck
thanks a lot
"Healthy bacteria" are normally decomposing waste material from our skin, but the antibiotics kill them, so then yeast takes over. Yeast is not killed by antibiotics like bacteria is. Only antifungals kill yeast. So antibiotics commonly cause yeast infections, and this smegma problem you're having would make sense as a symptom of yeast infection. It should get better when you're done taking the antibiotics.

Avoid milk and cream for a few weeks, they make it hard to clear yeast infections. Probiotics to recolonize your digestive system with healthy bacteria should help too. Antibiotics also make yeast take over digestion causing diarrhea and encouraging yeast infections in other parts of the body.