Sexual Health Community
period and birth control

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

period and birth control

please help, i am 16 and have been with my boyfriend for 6 months now, we have been talking about becoming sexually active, but both feel that me becoming pregnant is a big no no. we decided that a combination of a contraceptive pill and condoms is the safest root, the problem is i haven't had a period for 4 months, and before that i hadn't had a period for 6, i had a constant and regular period for year and a half before this though, which is what is confusing me. can i still get pregnant if i haven't got a period and what should i do? please help as i am worried about both my lack of period and contraception, any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
yes you can still get pregnant. being on birth control with bring on your period and regulate it.

good for you two deciding on you using birth control AND condoms. as it is possible to get pregnant on just the pill and by just using condoms but by using both....protectes you both from pregnnacy and stds
You sure can get pregnant even if your periods stopped (you should see a gyno about that though, just to make sure nothings wrong).  Keep in mind though, I have friends who have gotten pregnany even ON the pill...so be extra cautious, especially at your age.  Sex is great, but it's not that great when you're not ready for the consequences.

Hi, I have been on my new birth control pills for 3 1/2 months now....when I first started to take this kind of birth control pill..my period went from being 5 days to 6..not a big jump but I'm hoping for it to shorten to like 3 days like my sisters did...well now my period went back to 5 days long...is there a good possibility that it will shorten to about 3 days? Sometime soon lol