strange cramps/numbness during/after sex
I'm a 25 year old girl, and as of about a week ago, I have been experiencing strange cramps and numbness in my hands and arms during and after intercourse.  It generally begins as a tingling (think as if a limb were falling asleep) in my fingers and toes, along with muscle twitching and cramping in my face (mild though) and rises into almost a paralysis in both arms.  It sounds really strange, but my hands and arms become so cramped almost instantly, and they sort of lock into place like a doll or something.  My face continues to twitch and it takes about 5 to 10 minutes for everything to "release".  It isn't only when I orgasm, but it certainly is exacerbated when I do.  I run and work out  daily with no problem, and eat very healthy (vegetarean but still eat some fish and shellfish) so I'm not quite sure what's going on.  I don't think it's muscular otherwise my daily workouts would be affected, right?  Any Ideas?
I too experience exactly the same thing. It feels as if I am having a stroke.  It is odd and I still have not found any information that helps me understand.  My hands are like claws for 5-10 minutes.  I am 43 and have had this for 10 years.  It is rare but still rather scary to feel incapable of moving or hold anything during these times.
I am a 19 year old and for my first time of intercourse the same symptoms happened to me exactly how ashrox said. I too am a vegetarian. I am really scared to death that that happened to me during my first time and dont know what to do.
I too a female vegetarian (although eat very healthily) and suffer from hand cramps after sex.  Its only after intercourse (not foreplay) and my hands cramp so I can't move them for about 5 mins afterwards.  After some googling, some suggestions are deficiency of Potassium or electrolytes imbalance - both suggest talking to the doctor...  I suspect its not serious but possibly our veggie diet is missing something out that causes this...
Hi again, I saw my doc today and she said most common reason for getting cramp/stiff hands or muscles during/after sex is down to hyperventilating.  Apparently, if we hyperventilate it causes calcium in our blood to shift to our muscles making them sieze up.  Her advice was to try and breathe more deeply but if that doesn't help then go for blood tests to see if you have a nutrient deficiency.

Hope this helps!
thank you namford for the information!!!
OMG, this happened to me last week! Im so glad im not the only one. its really embarassing, and i dont know what to do.
Whats scary, is that im a vegetarian also.
I take a multivitamin supplement though, so it cant possibly be nutrient decifiency?!
:O
Im not vegetarian, and it has also happened to me during oral sex, right before i would have orgasm. It was little scary and strange. First i felt dizzy after my hands cramped and i couldnt move my fingers about 5 minutes long. Embarrassing... So does multivitamin help on this problem?
This happens to me too! I am not a vegetarian. I love meat. So that can't be the problem!

I have had this problem for years, only when I am really involved in the sex (does that makes sense?) I have also been told it's hyperventilation. I thought a lot of people hyperventilated during sex though, why is this so rare?

I had sex with my boyfriend for the first time the other night and we couldn't even finish because it was so bad. It was SO embarrassing. And it makes me feel very self conscious about how I look because my hands are all crazy looking if I try to use them before it stops.

I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one out there with this problem...
omg!!!omg!!i was just looking for something like this ..thank you guys for  sharing your experience .i experienced this  last night very strongly for the first time and it was very scary...inexplicable!! i felt the same before intercourse (there was no intercourse ,ofcourse after this  :(  :(  ))) i started feeling sometingling in my face and then i stopped for a while ,but instead of getting better ,both of my arms had such a strong shock like feeling and my hands were getting wet ..but what i experienced for 10 minutes ,it was very scary ..i was very much worried about this and finally foud this forum where i found co-sufferers :) ..
this happen to my boyfriend his whole arm went numb we were afraid he was having a stroke but he didn't show any of other signs it really scared us he said his left side of the body was going numb so I got off and made him take deep breaths he is sleeping it off now but we were really scared. I told him him no more sex for awhile.
I just experienced the greatest orgasm ever! (About ten minutes ago) And my hands are still almost too numb to type. I'm a 19 year old male and in the middle of my girlfriend giving me oral sex my arms began to go numb, and eventually my whole body. This happened for about 30 seconds and then I achieved orgasm (an exceptionally good one). Afterward my arms legs and neck continued to be numb and shake for about 5 minutes. This really had me and my girlfriend freaked out. What was this mysterious "super orgasm"? It was full body and occurred for 30 seconds before any physical ejaculation. Idk what happened but it was amazing and my girlfriend is never going to let me live this one down.
I had this too. Both my arms and legs went entirely numb when just fooling around.. and I was left laying like a dead roach for like 5 minutes after. Hyperventilation is a good theory! Stroke-like symptoms from lack of oxygen flow.. Or at least I can vouch that i was probably not breathing.. (weird note that I am also an active, vegetarian female... )