Sexual Health Community
swollen clitoral hood and black dot

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

swollen clitoral hood and black dot

Ok so about 4 days ago I noticed my clitoral hood was very swollen and painful. I had no other issues such as discharge, painful urination, rashes, etc. So I tried calling my obgyn but could not get in for about a month. That is far to long to wait when I am in this much pain and discomfort so I called my general doctor.

She looked at it and talked to me about it. She ruled out an std considering I am not sexually active and the last time I was I had gotten checked plus it just didn't look like a std. She also said it was not a yeast infection. She asked me if I had shaved prior to the issue and I had. Probably like 2 or 3 days before the swelling. So she said it could have been a bad reaction to when I shaved and now I might have an infection or it's just very irritated. So she gave me some antibiotics told me to take warm baths and let me go.

Well I've been doing that for 2 days now and the pain/swelling hasn't gone down. The pain has actually gotten a little bit worse. The swelling however is the same. Today I noticed something new. I have a blackish/purple spot on the hood of my clitoris. It is not raised and doesn't really hurt to touch. It kind looks like a really weird bruise.

So my question is could it be an ingrown hair? Or what do you think it could be. I'm really really positive it is not an STD and my general doctor agreed she didn't think it was one, however the pain is just so bad I really would like a second opinion on what it could be. I found an obgyn that could see me in two weeks but that is still so long to deal with this pain. Do I need to be patient and wait for the antibiotics to kick in? Should I try something else? Any idea on what my problem could be? Thanks so much.
Tags: ingrown hair, clitoral infection, swollen clitoral hood
Well I think you could rule out an ingrown hair; I get them often (unfortunately) myself and they have never appeared on the 'hood'. Also of you do end up getting such a thing it won't present itself as a bruise, it'll be more like a pimple. Try using hypoallergenic soaps whenever you bathe and less heavily scented shaving cream for your sexyparts, and you have most definitely made the right move in going to see your doctor. I really hope you resolve your problem as soon as possible, I'll send you my leprechaun! (my inside joke of a way of wishing you luck)