Aa
A
A
Close
swollen left labia, burning, tingling. Please help

I have a swollen left labia majora that started 3 days ago (on saturday night). I noticed an itchy weird feeling in my left labia, so after itching just a bit (sorry) I looked down there and the left labia majora was very swollen! But only the one side. I looked closer, and it seemed to have a small lump or two on it. I had sex on friday, one day before this happened. After trying to research online, I applied a warm compress (thinking it may be a cyst), and it made the bump turn a darker purple color, but the labia reamained very swolen. I have done this for 2 days. I also started taking doxycycline antibiotics that I had leftover for unrelated issue (acne on my face.) This is day 3 and my labia seems less red, however is still swollen, itchy, with a burning/tingling feeling. The weird thing is it is only the left labia. Any idea what this could be? I do plan a dr visit but not for a few days, and I'd like input in the meantime. Thanks
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
One possibility for your symptoms is of a boil. Treatment includes antibiotics and do not touch or pick them up. You can however apply topical antibiotic creams like Neosporin or Bactroban. If the symptoms persist then you should get oral antibiotics prescribed from a doctor. If the symptoms persist then get herpes infection ruled out from a doctor.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sexual Health Community Resources