Sexual Health Community
temp inside my vagina

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

temp inside my vagina

my husband has commented that while fingering me the temperature inside my vagina is "cold" can anyone give a clue why that would be?
Take a basal thermometer and take your temperature in your vagina.  If it is close to 98.6, the problem is your husband's fingers, not your vagina.
thing is i cant do that as i cant get anything to go inside of me, i cant even use tampons etc due to the pain they give
Your husband put his finger in you. That does not make sense.
i know it dont make sense!!! he can do stuff even tho it hurts but i just cant, not a thing will go in there if i try, you want to see me at the docs when she tries, im climbing the walls in pain and screaming at her.
A thermometer will not hurt you if you have enough of a vagina to have a period come out.  They are very thin.  They are not thick like a tampon.  Are you for real or just a prank poster?
Here is from another thread you posted this week (the writer is you):

"he cant bring me to orgasm at all, i cant do it, i cant feel a thing from sex at all, other than his weight on me and the pain when he first goes in and then there is nothing other than him going in and out til hes done."

Now, though that does not sound like great sex, you do mention him going in and out until he is done.  So of course you could take your temperature.
yeah a real person with real feeings and yes i posted earlier this week!!

yeah thats right he cant bring me to orgasm and has never done so, yes he just does his in and out thing, so what? what has that got to do with what im asking about now?

i dimply cant put anything in me at all, i can even get a vib inside of me, yet the vib is the same size as him and he can just about manage that even tho it hurts a lot!!! it always has done, for the past 28 yrs!!!

I'm not asking you about putting a vibrator in.  I'm asking you to solve the issue addressed in your question by putting a thermometer in.  Thermometers are narrower than a pencil, and if you got a reading of 98.6 or more, you would know that the issue is your husband's idea of the coldness of your vagina, not the actual coldness of the vagina.  If there is room to get your husband in, or his finger, there is room to get a thermometer in.  Then you could prove your husband right or wrong.  
ok  so back to what i said that im not able to put anything in there regardless of size, i just cant do it.
OK, so back to problem-solving, then.  The problem you are asking about is that your husband has commented that the temperature inside your vagina is "cold."  A vagina is lots like a human mouth, with the exception that it stays naturally shut (like the anus, it has some elastic muscles at the opening).  It's about as big around (when not being stretched during childbirth) as a toilet-paper roll, though it sits in the body rather flattened, instead of round and open.  It is generally self-cleaning, with the help of natural secretions and gravity.  If someone gets a bad infection, there might be scar tissue up higher (the uterus and its area) but scar tissue would be very unusual in a vagina.  An inner opening like this, shut on itself and not exposed to cold, surrounded by normal skin and organs and blood pumping through the tissues, will be the same temperature as your body.  

Therefore, my first thought was that your vagina cannot be cold.  It seemed the simplest way to check this theory would be to take your temp.  You have said that is not possible.  Another way might be to pour a bowl of water, use a thermometer to be sure it is 98.6, and then ask your husband to put his finger in the bowl and tell you if the water feels cold.  It might just be that his fingers are not that sensitive to mild warm temperatures such as 98.6.  Or in the morning when you wake up, before you have eaten anything, ask him to put his finger in your mouth and tell you if it feels cold.

Sorry that neither of these ideas is a definitive answer, but without testing the premise with a thermometer, they are the best I can think of.
ok i will get him to put his fingers in a bowl of water then and check
Have your husband put the thermometer into your vagina.  

He can do it because it does not cause him pain, it only causes you pain.  You are not willing to hurt yourself as he apparently is willing to hurt you.  Seeing how you say you have been dealing with it for 28yrs I would think you would be used to it unless you have an infection that has gone untreated for this length of time.  I assume that you have had paps but if you continuously fight the gyn i don't know how they would ever get a chance to look at what was going on up there.  With all that you do to fight your doctor, i would think the pain would be at least similar with your husband so you should use some of the control you allow him for your doctor to check you out.  Hold your breath, grit your teeth, squeeze your fist and let your doctors take a look...  
no i have never had a pap done yet, only thing that has been done in there was to have 3 kids. oh and dont you think the pain level is a tad more than "think of england"?  i have begged them for gas and air but they wont give it to me, just because apparently other women are fine with it so i should be too, well hey im in pain ok, some poeple can cope with it and some cant, i cant ok.
I am certainly not in the most comfort when getting a pap done or having things checked out but I would prefer that to painfully having sex for the duration of my marriage.  I have actually had severe pain in sex before which is why i think you should get checked out because that area is sensitve.  I would in no way be ok with dealing with that for one year let alone more than twenty, that is ludicris.
Are you being serious?? You just said he fingered you n put his penis in you. I really don't see how a thermometer is gonna cause u any discomfort.
And u had kids??
I just don't believe you can let him do his "in an out thing" but you can insert a centimeter themoter inside your self I think you are a spam poster
In order for you to have an orgasm you are supposed to be turned on....like you cant wait for him to stick it in and ravish you...now you say that he has never given you an orgasm and never will is a little weird because being with him for 28 years and never an orgasm.....mmmmm....not right...dont get me wrong...but are you attracted to your husband or are you attracted to females??? If you dont enjoy your husbands sexual intercourse then maybe you are not happy with the man you married....and please get checked....you might have a vaginal abnormality and by you whining and avoiding the appt. you are missing out on how great sex can really be.