Sexual Health Community
thick lumpy semen

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

thick lumpy semen

my semen is very thick and lumpy and has been for the last 3months, this is concerning me now. what could this be?
It isn't unusual for semen to be thick and lumpy.  It depends a lot on how frequently one ejaculates.  If this a drastic change from what your semen looked like before and the frequency of ejaculation hasn't changed then you may want to consult a physician.  Also, if you ejaculate into a container and allow the ejaculate to sit for about 30 minutes semen should liquify and the lumpiness and thickness go away...that is normal.