vaginal bacterial infection from vibrator?
ok..I am a 23 yo female. I am a virgin and have never been in a relationship with anyone. This *****, because it is quite often that I get aroused and the only thing I can do is masturbate. I bought a vibrator.

So stupidly, everytime I used it, I would not wash it (I only washed it occasionaly) and would just put it back in my drawer and would not use it for days or sometime weeks. (I know, what the hell was I thinking?) Anyway, I have recently noticed a brownish, smelly discharge in my underwear. the stain is most prominent a few hours after using the vibrator. I tested my vaginal pH with one of those vagisil screening kits, and it was slightly more alkaline than it should be at 5.0. (the kit says anything above 4.5 is more than a yeast infection).

my question is, I live with my mom, and although we are really close and talk about anything, I am still really embarrased about telling her why I think I may have BV or some other bacterial infection I would just make an appointment with my GYN, except I do not have a drivers liscence so she would be the one driving me to the doctors office. I am also embarrased to tell a GYN that I was stimulating myself with a vibrator and not washing it.

is this worth looking into? if I do have some sort of vaginal bacterial infection, and ignore it, are there any long-term effects? what could happen?? thanks, I just need to know if I should suck it up and tell someone about my problem...
oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I have had a chronic yeast infection for years, have tried, diflucan, vagisil, acidophilis, vaginal suppositories and they help clear it up for a day or two and then it always comes back. I did not think this was relavant, unitl a realy a post further down the list that said it you have yeast infections, your suseptibility for BV or other other bacterial infection is higher...I also was dxed with polysystic ovarian syndrome at age 16 and  have never gotten a period without birth control pills. after going on the pill, my period was very pedictable for years, but the last year or so, it has been irregular, with no pattern. when I get it, it is very light and only lasts for a day or 2. (used to last about 4 days)
you don't have to tell them how you got BV. More then likely that is what you have. You can get BV from taking baths so don't worry about telling the way you got it. Just tell them your symptoms and they do a swab. They will give either gel or pills.