Sexual Health Community
vulvodynia

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

vulvodynia

I was recently diagnosed with vulvodynia by my gynecologist, after other diagnoses for vaginal pain.  Then, I had a screening by a chiropractor that said my L1 disc was not right and that this could be affecting various organs including my vagina.  Does anyone know of any research connecting these two thing?  Has anyone been through a similar situation and can offer advice?  Thanks!
Hello,I totally know what your going thru I hurt my back and had to have sergery (surgery) one year later which was in 2000 I started to have vulva pain mostly burning.I did not know what was wrong! I went from doctor to doctor and they could not find any thing wrong. finnally I went to a dematologist and she is the one that told me I had vulvodynia scared me to death I asled what that was and she said it was simply vulva pain!I asked what I could do to get rid of it, she said there was no cure you just have to treat the symtoms (symptoms). Then I asked what caused it  she asked if I had ever hurt my back, I told her i had she said that was more than likly the cause.they cant be sure but it seems to be related,and the only thing I have found to help with the pain is watching your diet dont eat alot of food with oscolate it makes the burning worse.and watch what you bathe in I use baby bath,also laundry soap get it were there is nothing in it.Thats about it just pray everyday and maybe one day there will be a cure! For now I hope this helps,Rily
Have you found any relief or anything that helps you? I think I have vulvodynia and I'm really scared and depressed about it.