Sexual Health Community
worried for periods

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

worried for periods

hi...i m 25 and hav a serious relationship with my boyfriend..since last 3-4 months my periods dot delayed, but dis tym it is 15 days over and still not..today a doctor prescribe me for ultrasound to check cyst or any other problem..my mom was with me so i cant told doctor abt my sexual relationship, also she is familier to our family..now i m soo afraid if ultrasound revealed about my virginity..please tel me is it opened in front of my mom or i will be safe?? soo afraid..coz really not sure ultrasound stats this or not???
m soo afraid,,plss answer
Hi Naini, I think your find you safe about being a virgin, the ultrasound should not pick that out.
But your 25, and live in India, is it not allowed for women over the age of 21 to have sex outside marriage then?
May be best if you can do the ultrasound on your own, try and find some excuse to do it on your own.
Good Luck
Do not worry, an ultrasound does not show whether you are a virgin or not.

The only thing that would be of concern is that if you have had unprotected sex and your period is delayed due to pregnancy.  If you have been using protection then there is nothing to worry about being pregnant.  If there is any doubt, it would be a good idea to get a pregnancy test done.

Your periods could possibly be delayed due to hormonal problems, or from womb problems like polycystic ovaries or fibroids.

Best wishes.
You should find any excuse to go by yourself to the docor, alone, try to act natural, so she doesnt think something is going on. Also you should get a pregnancy test from a drugstore that can be far from your house if you mind someone would see you buying it, because imagine if youre pregnant! that would be really bad if youre hiding your sexual activities haha, if youre you can  simply dont go to the doctor again with some excuse (faking sickness) while you think what to do / plain your marriage. haha good luck and best wishes!