Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
Avoid pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

Avoid pain

Am 27 yrs old recently got married,never had sex yet, planning to  have sex this sunday....but am scared tat it vil hurt wen the hymen breaks  so plz  help me by prescribing  some ointment or cream to apply in vagina before  having sex ...........the cream should not have any side effects , help me by giving de answer as early as possible...
Hello

I'm afraid you're mistaken about this site. No one can prescribe anything for you. And there's no ointment or cream that will lessen sensation.

You need some facts about sexuality.

First: when you have penis-vagina sex the first time, be sure that you DO NOT allow your husband to put his penis in your vagina until you are very aroused and very wet. And be sure he only puts it in gradually, a tiny bit at a time.

As it enters, YOU determine what happens, not him. If you feel pain, stop.

Most women don't have much of a hymen because it gets worn away by activities such as sports, etc. However, some hymens may be thicker and therefore take a bit longer to open. Remember to go slow and only continue as long as it's enjoyable for you. if you remember what I've told you, you will enjoy sex with your husband. It's up to you to set the rhythm. Best of luck to you. Dr. J

hii 1921985..
I completely agree with janice. Do the same thing as she said and all things will be alright.
All the best.