Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
Callus On Penis

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

Callus On Penis

I am a former swimmer who developed what appears to be a callus on his penis. For years I swam and every so often it would become sore in one particular part where my penis rubbed against a swimming suit. It happened for maybe 15 years, and recently (now in my mid-20s) a small bump has formed over the exact spot. It isn't growing, it isn't sore and it feels just like normal tissue. Is this normal? I haven't had sex in a while because of a fear of sexually transmitted infections and when I do I use a condom. I am just surprised at seeing this. What is it? Can I get rid of it?
Hi.

This is a question for a urologist. Realize that no one can tell you exactly what it is without running some tests to determine whether you do, indeed, have a medical condition requiring treatment. If you wish to ask a urologist about all the possibilities before seeking treatment, post in the Urology Expert Forum at:

www.medhelp.org/forums/show/113