Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
Can prednizone effect sexual sensitivity?

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

I have palindromic rheumatism which basically means that I have sporatic episodes of rheumatism that is random and roaving.  Some days I have no pain, some days I have crippling pain.  I occasionally take between 5 and 25 mg of prednizone, depending on the pain level and the activity that I am not allowing the pain to get in the way of.  

I recently had an evening planned with my lover and had taken 15mg of prednizone because I was feeling a bit stiff and enflamed in a few joints and wanted to be able to not be distracted by the pain.  What I was curious about is if the prednizone may have decreased my ability to feel stimulation.  I was able to reach climax several times throughout the night but noticed looking back that the sensations were not as strong as they usually are.  If the prednizone can make joint pain unnoticable, could it also have made my vaginal area less sensitive?

I am by no means a prednizone junkie.  I am aware of the damage I can do on my joints by masking the pain.  I only use the steroid for pain manage about once a month and mostly depend on Tramadol.  Just wanted to make that clear before someone gives me that lecture.
1 Comment
does nobody have an opinion on this one?